Luna site images

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CPH

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have the fantastic Galileo Luna.
I am off to Malta in a few weeks and was wondering where I can get the dive maps to download onto the unit from?
Cheers.

I have not found any downloads yet, but I have made stick maps and uploaded them as images. The screen resolution is not great so you have to keep it simple, but dive site maps are do-able.

You can also do other things like uploading a check list or dive plan in a suitably large and plain font as an image.

I have not found any downloads yet, but I have made stick maps and uploaded them as images. The screen resolution is not great so you have to keep it simple, but dive site maps are do-able.

You can also do other things like uploading a check list or dive plan in a suitably large and plain font as an image.

It occurs to me that some of you might find my experiments helpful. I will attempt to attach a jpg, but I've never done it before, so in case it fails I'll explain a bit first.

I began by uploading a series of grid patterns to determine exactly how many pixels the display was capable of, and how it handled bitmaps larger than its native resolution. Simply put, excess lines are dropped. In other words, when you feed it a grid with more vertical or horizontal lines than the native resolution, it drops some of them, sort of working out from the center. So after various experiments, I concluded the best approach would be to create my images in the Luna's native resolution, pixel by pixel. Because the menus also take up space, you also have to allow for their placement.

The native resolution is 128 pixels wide by 80 pixels high. Now if my attachments work, it should be obvious how to create your own, using my jpgs as templates. The gray boxes, of course, are the menus.

Regards,
John

Attachments

• 128x80_Object_Collection.jpg
    128x80_Object_Collection.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Soyak_Island_Wreck.jpg
    Soyak_Island_Wreck.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 96
I have recently acquired a galileo Terra (don't want AI)...
After some internet searching I have only found one web site with some Galileo bitmaps:
www$taucher$net/galileo_sol (I'm not allowed yet to post real URLs so replace the $ with . )

....I know that the map choice is a bit limited but it gives you an idea/template of what has been already done...
I have created bitmaps for the wrecks on the Big Brother island in the Red Sea and other humorous ones (San Miguel=>I'm thristy, Big mac=>I'm hungry, Mermaid=> ???). Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to see how they are underwater {:eek:(

BR,
Nick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom