LUMIX LX10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks @ponomo1, I have analysis paralysis after reading countless love/hate reviews particularly about Sea & Sea. I'm looking at the Inon S-2000 at this point.

I see you're headed to COZ soon. We're hitting COZ and Isla Mujeres for the whale sharks in September:clearmask:

Yep @drhappy we are set up to see the whale sharks also. Its been around 3 years since I've been back to Coz so its going to be a blast :)

@drhappy I bought the Sea & Sea ys-01's used on my last trip to Roatan from another diver that was at the resort. So far so good, I don't see any glaring issues with the construction of the flashes so I'm not sure what the major issues are that people experience with them. But I guess time will tell if they ruin a trip on me or not LOL
At least we have great white balance built into our cameras to help when the flash lets us down.

Thanks @ponomo1, I have analysis paralysis after reading countless love/hate reviews particularly about Sea & Sea. I'm looking at the Inon S-2000 at this point.

I see you're headed to COZ soon. We're hitting COZ and Isla Mujeres for the whale sharks in September:clearmask:
Coz was great!! Camera performed really well in the clear water and quick currents. Not happy with the krl-01 so I’m looking to return it. I’m hoping that it won’t be a problem, but now I need to figure out which wide angle lens works well with the Ikelite housing and the lx10

I don't think there is a way to lock the zoom.

Correct, there is no way to "lock" the zoom, but you can set the camera (in the Menu) to remember and return to the last lens zoom position every time you turn the camera on and off. Unfortunately, this only works when turn the camera on and off. FWIW the vignetting on the Kraken was so bad I returned it.[/QUOTE]
Which lens did you end up going with as a replacement for the KRL-01? I already contacted the company and the place I bought mine and let them know that I want to return it. Its a really solid well made lens but it is just not the right lens for the LX-10 in the Ikelite housing. Even when I zoomed out beyond the vignetting I still had significant distortion on the left and right sides of the photos. I really want a wide angle lens but I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

I don't think there is a way to lock the zoom.

Correct, there is no way to "lock" the zoom, but you can set the camera (in the Menu) to remember and return to the last lens zoom position every time you turn the camera on and off. Unfortunately, this only works when turn the camera on and off. FWIW the vignetting on the Kraken was so bad I returned it.[/QUOTE]

@ReadyDiverOne
sorry if I'm sending this twice but I didn't see the question post the first time I sent it to the post.
Which lens did you go with after you returned the KRL-01? I notified the seller and the manufacturer that I will be returning mine for similar reason as you, plus the additional distortion on the right and left sides of the photos. I don't want to make the same mistake twice so I'm wondering if you eventually got a replacement and how well it is working out for you compared to the KRL-01.

Correct, there is no way to "lock" the zoom, but you can set the camera (in the Menu) to remember and return to the last lens zoom position every time you turn the camera on and off. Unfortunately, this only works when turn the camera on and off. FWIW the vignetting on the Kraken was so bad I returned it.

@ReadyDiverOne
sorry if I'm sending this twice but I didn't see the question post the first time I sent it to the post.
Which lens did you go with after you returned the KRL-01? I notified the seller and the manufacturer that I will be returning mine for similar reason as you, plus the additional distortion on the right and left sides of the photos. I don't want to make the same mistake twice so I'm wondering if you eventually got a replacement and how well it is working out for you compared to the KRL-01.[/QUOTE]

Because the LX10 also vignetted badly with my pre-existing IN-UWL-H100-Type 2 wide angle lens, I bagged the camera entirely. The only way to avoid the vignetting issue with the Kraken or the H100 or, for that matter, almost all of the wide-angle lenses is to go with a 28mm camera, like the earlier versions of the RX100. Maybe backscatter can help you find a lens that works with the LX10 without having to zoom all the way to 32 or 34. Good luck.

Thanks @ReadyDiverOne
That really limits the options for wide angle work with this setup. The photos without the wide angle were coming out pretty good on just the basic auto settings that I was really hoping to have a great all around camera by adding the wide angle to it also. I guess I may also have to rethink my camera choice.
The only other 2 lenses I can think of would be the AOI UWL-09 pro and the Nauticam wwl-1 but I can't really afford to go back and forth with the testing and returning if it's really not going to work. I don't have a pool handy to test these things so I have to wait between dive trips. LOL

I use the big fish eye lens with no issues. It is a great inexpensive wide angle wet lens. Will post pics later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom