lucky today too

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggie Diver:
leesa,

Where were you at when you ran into the dolphins? That's awesome! I'm so jealous.

Kewalo pipe in about 40' a'water......and it just took 212 dives for it to happen! lol....come back and you might get lucky

go to the web site http://www.uwpmag.com/ then click on marine life photos and tips
That's were you can see part of the story. You have to download issue 9 to see the rest.

Whale watching season is here too, I went to the other side of the island, putted around in a boat for an hour and saw the sun set. No whales all weekend :( Someone said they had passed through 2 days before. ah well

Abril:
go to the web site http://www.uwpmag.com/ then click on marine life photos and tips
That's were you can see part of the story. You have to download issue 9 to see the rest.

Whale watching season is here too, I went to the other side of the island, putted around in a boat for an hour and saw the sun set. No whales all weekend :( Someone said they had passed through 2 days before. ah well

Thanks for the info!

Last year when the whales were here (my first season in Hawaii) I had had an accident and couldn't dive, so I missed out on a lot. Making up for it this year....

From when to when is your whale season?

Abril:
How freekin awsome is that! It's not always about getting the shot. (but it's even better when you do) I would looooovve to hear or see whales or dolphins while diving. Aparently I have some kind of offinsive odor, I can't even get to see a sea turtle.

This guy who writes for http://www.uwpmag.com/ told of a story of a baby whale who was chewing on his fin for hours. They played in the water ( although scared out of his mind) and the whale was upset when the man got back in the boat. What an experience!

I just read the article-amazing!!!

Kewalo Pipe?

Wow, that's crazy. We only did that dive as a night dive (after the Sea Tiger). For all I know a whale shark could have cruised overhead, and we would have never known - too much life out and about.

AD

Has anyone tried the video option on the C5050 - I was thinking it might pick up whale or dolphin sounds through the housing even if you can't see them??

(I haven't done anything with this feature - other than accidentally turning it on and not checking before pressing the shutter.)

Thoughts?

I've used it alot topside but U/W I just never seem to remember to use it! The microphone picks up your bubbles very well and people talking very well. It would certainly be worth trying to get whale and dolphin sounds.

I don't know about distant whale sounds, but I don't see why not, especially if you're in close proximity to the dolphins and/or whales.

I took video of our shark dive on the Blackbeard's trip last May (going again this May!), and in it you could hear the chain the baitsicle was on getting rattled as the sharks tore up the frozen fish.

AD

Aggie Diver:
I don't know about distant whale sounds, but I don't see why not, especially if you're in close proximity to the dolphins and/or whales.

I took video of our shark dive on the Blackbeard's trip last May (going again this May!), and in it you could hear the chain the baitsicle was on getting rattled as the sharks tore up the frozen fish.

AD
I know it picks up my bubbles.....I think the whales would have to be very loud to hear it over that...but If I hear them again..which I'm sure I will...I'll try and let you know.

Aloha,
Lisa

Back
Top Bottom