lucky today too

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
We visited a dive site today that is hardly ever visited and we got lucky. This fellow was out walking around.

Then on the 3rd dive of the day we were surrounded by 100 or more Hawaiian Spinner Dolphins, flipping and spinning around on the surface. The dive group went down before I had a chance to get in the water so I had to go looking for them. As soon as I got under I could hear the dolphins whistling....they sounded so close....I also heard whale song....It was so intense that I felt it rumble in my chest....It was like if I turn around they have to be right behind me. Sorry to say, they weren't. Then, maybe 2 minutes later I look up and a group of dolphins just glides past me. :dropmouth . At first I froze, when I caught myself again I was able to get 3 pictures. The visibility wasn't great, they were about 20' away. I touched them up as best I could...

pretty cool...... I've never been lucky enough to see dolphins.

Question -- Why do you have a british flag drawn into the shape of the state of hawaii?

jo8243:
Question -- Why do you have a british flag drawn into the shape of the state of hawaii?

From 1810 to 1893 Hawaii was an independent kingdom. In 1794 the British navigator, George Vancouver, presented a British flag to the warrior chief, Kamehameha. Kamehameha flew it for twenty-two years. It was during these years that he founded the kingdom and designed a flag of its own. This flag was first used in 1816. The combination of the stripes of the United States flag and the Union Jack of Great Britain is said to have pleased the shippers of both nations.
The eight stripes represent the eight main islands.

and I am sure you will get your chance with dolphins too... :daisysmil

Wow two dolphin posts... reminds me of the Douglas Adams books... so long and thanks for all the fish...
Oh and cool pics!

justleesa:
We visited a dive site today that is hardly ever visited and we got lucky. This fellow was out walking around.

Then on the 3rd dive of the day we were surrounded by 100 or more Hawaiian Spinner Dolphins, ..

nice lobster and dolphins, but what exactly were you stood on when the photo was being taken?

clive francis:
nice lobster and dolphins, but what exactly were you stood on when the photo was being taken?
If you are referring to the first photo, it's not me it's my buddy and he is over a storm drain.

nice shots, justleesa!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom