LP tanks & plus ratings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tank capacity ratings are rarely at "service pressure"
The good old standard AL 80 holds 80CF at 3100 psi, not 3000, where it holds 77.4.
The old 72 didn't even hold 72 at the 10% over 2475 - there it held 71.2; 65 at its service pressure of 2250. It does hold 86 at 3000 psi though.
The new "E" series from PST do hold their rated capacity at their service pressure of 3442.
Rick :)

Rick Murchison:
Tank capacity ratings are rarely at "service pressure"
The good old standard AL 80 holds 80CF at 3100 psi, not 3000, where it holds 77.4.
The old 72 didn't even hold 72 at the 10% over 2475 - there it held 71.2; 65 at its service pressure of 2250. It does hold 86 at 3000 psi though.
The new "E" series from PST do hold their rated capacity at their service pressure of 3442.
Rick :)
Thanks. I was beginning to wonder how many cubic feet were in it, and you answered the question before I could ask :)

By the way, how did you derive that number?

Creed:
By the way, how did you derive that number?
These numbers are by applying the ideal gas law, which ain't quite right, and the real numbers are a skosh off what I've provided. But across the pressure range I've used and especially if using the numbers in the real world of human gas consumption you can consider them spot-on, for they fall well within the day-to-day variability of any human's breathing envelope.
"Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax."
Rick

""Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax."
Rick"

. . . I LOVE IT !!!!

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom