LP Compressor Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just my 2 cents. Sterling you can by a cheap compressor from Divers Supply in LA. They have the dive boss compress It is about 4000. It has a volume tank and fillers installed and use the Devair compressor. One tip when buying a SSA compressor you need to take in account you work rate(CFM reqirements), depth and pressure reqirements for proper operation of your regulator. You need a compressor that can hand all of this. Also please If you are going to be doing heavy commercial work Recreational Hooka compressor wont cut it. If you watch that show called swamp logger one of the guys on the show almost gets killed using a cheap hookha compressor when he gets exaust in his breathing air. Also be careful with the umplical construction. The air hoses the hookha systems are not for commercial use they kink easy and are not cut and chemical reistant.

I use most of the time an air control manifold with regulators hooked in to high pressure cylenders. My set up also I can hook in to standard scuba bottle. It is two valved whips so cylenders can be changed out by the surface support.

I would never ever use a hookah on commercial work!! If I get something I want it to be great quality and last years with out me worrying about dieing at depth.

I'll have to talk to my RAC op and see what he has in mind
Puh-leez. Your "RAC op"? What's that?
rolleyes.gif

my rac operator... the guy who sits in front of the comms and manages the divers air and tells him what to do.
So let me get this straight- You are a 17-year-old highschool kid who has SCUBA buddies and/or relatives that started a dive service about six months ago. You have done a handfull of jobs like clearing fouled props, refloating sinking docks and maybe a hull cleaning or two. And now you're gonna tell us that you will consult with your "RAC op" on what kind of surface supplied air system you are gonna buy for the hard-hat, ADC work you're about to get into? :rofl3:

OK, look kid. I'm going to lay it on the line here. I like you and give you props for getting into this business at your tender age but the reason you have gotten a ration of sh*t here and on other boards is that it is obvious to anyone reading your posts that you and your buds have very limited commercial dive experience, or any kind of experience with paying dive work, for that matter. Yet you present yourself and your company here as if you have done commercial work for years. The fact is that you haven't. The fact is that you are a recreational diver, your pals are recreational divers and probably actually have less accumulated commercial dive hours between the two or three of you than many of us garner in a busy week.

So let's get real about Sterling Marine Services, shall we? You guys are literally just starting out, have almost no experience, but have put your name out there and have been asked to submit some bids. In fact, it appears you may have even won one. Good on ya, mate. But anybody can submit a lowball bid. That doesn't equate to actual commercial dive experience. Again, I respect you for doing what you are doing at your age. I wish I had started my business when I was 18 or 20 years old. But please, don't try to bullsh*t us or make yourself out to be more than you are. It gets annoying after awhile.

Sorry for trying to get somewhere in life! If I can't do the work then the other other (with 20 yrs experience as a SAT supervisor will do and do it right! One of the partners had over 3000 dives logged and over 2000 dives as a supervisor.

Bids we submit are not little low ball baby bids. We bid what we think we can get for a job and people hire us because they like us and because we know what we are talking about on the phone!

I don't really appreciate you calling me a little limply faced high schooler who doesn't know ****! If I knew **** I wouldn't be in this position now would I?!?!

Yeah I have stuff to learn, so do you, so does everyone!

I can start a succesful business at a young age if I want! It's all legal and we wouldn't have repeat business if they didn't like us!

If your gonna argue about experience then let's talk about you not even being certified while our company has comericsly certified divers with years of experience at very large and successful companys!

You're missing the point. What you're doing is fine and admirable, as I mentioned before (your use of my company motto notwithstanding. But we settled that little issue. :D) I sincerely wish you and your pals all the success in the world and I will continue to answer any questions you might have about the business. But let's face it, you're "putting on airs", so to speak. For instance, the bit about your RAC op? Give me a break dude, you're a couple of noobs doing hull cleaning with scuba gear. You don't have a RAC op, you don't have surface supplied air and you sure as hell don't have comms. :shakehead:

So what I'm saying is, just keep it real, don't try to make us think you're more than you are ('cause we all know better) and everyone will respect you for that. You are doing something pretty cool, especially at your age, but you're making yourself look like a douche by embellishing the truth. There's nothing wrong with being rookies. Just don't try to cover that fact up with bullsh*t.

So what I'm saying is, just keep it real, don't try to make us think you're more than you are ('cause we all know better) and everyone will respect you for that. You are doing something pretty cool, especially at your age, but you're making yourself look like a douche by embellishing the truth. There's nothing wrong with being rookies. Just don't try to cover that fact up with bullsh*t.

you mean like the part where his user "badge" and "title" here says he's a CAPTAIN?

How can a 17 year old high school kid get a USCG Captains License? :idk:

You have to be 18 years old by the USCG requirements and have 365 days "sea experience" for even the minimum license.

:shakehead:

You're missing the point. What you're doing is fine and admirable, as I mentioned before (your use of my company motto notwithstanding. But we settled that little issue. :D) I sincerely wish you and your pals all the success in the world and I will continue to answer any questions you might have about the business. But let's face it, you're "putting on airs", so to speak. For instance, the bit about your RAC op? Give me a break dude, you're a couple of noobs doing hull cleaning with scuba gear. You don't have a RAC op, you don't have surface supplied air and you sure as hell don't have comms. :shakehead:

Well not to keep arguing but that is what he is. And we have half the surface gear and are in the process of buying the wrest, hence why I posted this thread. We have been renting the compressor we need it so far

Back
Top Bottom