Low Cut Booties for Tropical Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CrumhornDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for a pair of low cut booties for diving. A fellow diver recommended these: SubGear Dive N Beach Boot

Unless my Google skills are rusty, they are now only for sale in XXSmall, which is a far cry from my size 10.5 feet.

Anyone have experience with other low cut booties they recommend for diving? I've seen a few other options online, but none seem to look as good for stated purpose as the Subgear.

We offer neoprene socks in various thicknesses. Our low top neoprene socks have no sole.. very comfortable when worn under a fin, but might not be what you are looking for if you must hike over sharp rocks.

We also have neoprene socks with flexible kevlar soles. Not buly, not stiff and provide a good bit of abrasion resistance for tough surfaces.

Please take a look:

Wetsuit Socks | MAKO Spearguns

I love my Scubapro 3mm Low Cut Delta Boots. Very easy on/off and the sole is thick enough to give extra protection than other medium sole boots I have owned.

I have a Dacor-branded pair of these. I like the lateral support @ the inside arch and ouside which makes them feel like running shoes. I drilled drain holes in the hard rubber arches, because, when full of water I felt like I had giant baby feet ...........................and nobody likes having giant baby feet.

Aropec-Rock-Low-Cut-Booties-500x400.jpg

Last edited:
I'm looking for a pair of low cut booties for diving. A fellow diver recommended these: SubGear Dive N Beach Boot

Unless my Google skills are rusty, they are now only for sale in XXSmall, which is a far cry from my size 10.5 feet.

Anyone have experience with other low cut booties they recommend for diving? I've seen a few other options online, but none seem to look as good for stated purpose as the Subgear.
I've had multiple pairs of the TUSA low-cuts. They have a very thick, heavy sole, which is essential for some dive locations, e.g. Bonaire. Most low-cuts have a thin sole.

Thanks, everyone. All good ideas. Anyone know of a pair like the Subgear with a drawstring on the top? If not, you have all provided many alternatives!

You want a drawstring on the top of your booties? Good luck with your endeavors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom