Low Cut Booties for Tropical Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have been diving warm water with low cut booties for 10 years. Love them (Mares, no longer sells the style but looks like the Areopec pictured in a previous reply or Tusas). Used them all over, including shore diving Bon. Only recently did I do some warm water diving where there was a noticeable drawback. Shore diving at Allwest in Cur at the house reef. There was slight surf at the entry and coral gravel ridge at the shallow entry that ended getting in my booties everytime I entered. The simple fix was to wait until I was about 5' deep above the sand beyond the surf roll and take my fins and booties off and shake them out and put them back on and continue the dive. Haven't experienced this anywhere else.

Also, on week long dive trips, I also use XSpan socks for added comfort. Good Luck.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom