Love the jets, but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcbryan:
I'll add that using 11 Rockboots and XXL Jetfins that I use the size large spring.

gcbryan reminds me to also add that dif. companies make spring straps in various sizes and that personal preference also plays a big role ofcourse. I tend to like my springs a little tighter than some.

Never had the problem. Wonder if different boots would make them feel better for you? Something that makes the fins fit you better.

divegeek:
Have you taken a look at the Aqualung Super Rocket II's. They have a more modern foot pocket, but aren't as heavy as the Jets or turtles. http://www.navyseals.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=203&Name=Aqualung-Rocket-II-Fin

thanks for the suggestion. the pocket looks promising, but I like the heaviness of jet fins as (a) I don't need extra weights when using AL80 doubles and SS backplate, and (b) I can use their weight to control my position; legs out and my head goes up, legs in and my head goes down. I guess I could use the super rockets with ankle weights, but ankle weights are sort of girlie... eyebrow

has anyone tried these fins?

I wear size 15, turtles with my rockboots fit but nothing fits me when I'm wet...turtles are too big and xl jets are too small.

David P:
I wear size 15, turtles with my rockboots fit but nothing fits me when I'm wet...turtles are too big and xl jets are too small.

True,, I am wearing XL with a rockboot size 10. It is ok though. It used to be a hassle with a thick thinsulate sock....:06: There is no middle sized fin between SP XL and turtle....

Hmmm.... I used the jets for over 30 years. I now use the SP Twin Speed splits that are about the same stiffness as your Tusa fins. I can certainly keep up with my paddle fin buddies frog kicking in my splits. Heck, I often outpace them. I just can't understand why everyone says splits can't frog kick. That is about all I do.

I will admit the the stiffness of the splits make a huge difference in the frog abilities.

David P:

I agree, though at least they are mid way between XL & XXL Jets... You might try a different boot though - I found diving wet I use XXL and dry I use Turtles... funny but my dry boots are smaller than my wet boots... so there is a wide selection of wet boots to choose from and they could make a big difference... The largest I've found are the 7mil from HighTide Ranger model (lug sole) which are very comfortable and good quality boots...

With my Turtles I wear size 14 converse tennis shoes... very good fit, but any larger and I'd be back in my XXL jets again :)

Aloha, Tim

update: i was able to solve most of my issues with the jets by (a) wearing (regular) socks inside my wetboots and (b) getting spring straps and then stretching them out because the ones I got (10") were still too tight. (the bungee straps I had used had also been too tight - I discovered loose straps are much better for me)

of course, now my calves are killing me from a week of diving with the jets and practicing the various kicks, but i suppose they will get used to it. the foot pocket is far from ideal but on balance i think the positives of these fins outweight the POS pockets...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom