love the boards, had to join the crowd!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha, Move to sunny San Diego! It's like the Eagles said in Hotel California "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!" This place is awesome.

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

With all of us Texans "tootin' our horns", let us NOT forget the other two staples in our diets:

#1) The BEST Mexican food in the world. (I know, while in Ireland I stopped at an "authentic" Tex Mex place that offered 3 types of salsa. Of course the three salsas were a) Green Goddess Dressing b) Spaghetti sauce c) Mayonnaise. The chips were regular ole' potato chips)

#2) Baby Back Ribs...mmmmmmmmmm they are THE BEST IN TEXAS!

(Chili, TexMex & Ribs go great with Dos XX too).

Scubaweeb,
You sound just like my husband. Are you sure I'm not married to you? Was that you in my bed last night? I sear I heard that exact statement.
Mario, My folks live there. So I know you're right. San Diego is heaven on earth. But you have to have the big $$$$$ bucks to afford it there.
The house I live in now (4 bedrooms) would be a half a million in the Heavenly State! Ouch!
Give me rain filled and flooded Texas!
:sunny:

Betcha never thought that diving would be a required skill to live in Houston.

I am a native Texican, my wife was born in Orleans parish and my (almost) 2 y/o daughter is a native Texan. I was born in Houston so Natasha I do know where pearland is. Drove through it a few times.

I am gonna take up for the Oasis for a sec.... Yes there is only one porta pottie... Yes there is very little shade, but there is some.... Yes there are some 20-40lb blue cats in there... My wife and I have dove it a number of times and never come out with an ear prob.... Yes there is a cow farm and emu farm nearby.. runoff probs I dunno... It is still owned by Island divers in denton.... Jim (The owner)is a super nice guy. He was out of rental tanks and offered to let me use his personal tanks on our last dive. I also didn't realize the only reason his shop door was open was he had a class going. The store was closed. For a chance to get wet... its worth it to me. Besides I like fishies (warning the bream bite... hard)

Tom

Tom,

Glad to hear a good opinion on the Oasis. I haven't had the chance to dive there yet. I also read a good review on the boards at http://www.texasdiver.com I've been looking for more info, since it's close to home.

For you Texicans new to the dive scene, it is a fairly decent resource on TX diving locales and shops. It doesn't seem to get updated very regularly, but the information is good. Not a lot of activity on the message board.

Natasha,
No, No, No! I promise you & I aren't married. My hubby would probably:
a) Freak out
b) Have kinky thoughts about it and like the idea
I can say however, that it's evident that your husband has IMPECCABLE taste. (In food as well as wives, eh)? Maybe we are twins and don't know it!

"I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could."

Hey Corsair and Tom V., what's your schedules for coordinating a dive soon? I'd like to get started on gathering up some serious bottom time so I can get started on the SDI Rescue Diver course.

--Michael

Scubadweeb!
HA! You almost made me spit my coffee all over the computer, I was laughing so hard.
Thanks for the good start today. Maybe when I do get down there we can "swing", and that can make all 4 of us happy.
Would you two be into that? Ha!
We can change this post to "Swinging couples underwater." We might even get to be on the next Oprah with it.:wink:
:devilish:
:sunny:

Mike, you said something about PK later this month. I don't have anything scheduled after this weekend's trip to the Flower Gardens. Looking to log some time myself (the H2O addiction has taken full hold).

Hit me on email peregrine@corsairs.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom