Love my SeaLife Micro 2.0 w/o lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like Kimela said---like any camera underwater the deeper you go the more colors you will lose and the more need for a light. The auto-color correction on the 2.0 is pretty good down to about 60 feet and I try to use it as much as possible without a light. I do have the SeaLife 2500 lumen light and it does ok if you are within three feet of your subject but pretty useless after that. I rather wish now that I had gone with the Olympus TG-5 so I could have added strobes and a dome port but otherwise I like the SeaLife just fine. Here is a pic taken this past year in the Red Sea at about 25 feet of water without any light.View attachment 571423

Thanks! That is a great pic! Is that a great white? Do you miss having a zoom at all? Or have you found you really don’t need it?

Thanks! That is a great pic! Is that a great white? Do you miss having a zoom at all? Or have you found you really don’t need it?
The picture is of a Oceanic White Tip shark. Yes I do miss a zoom on the camera sometimes. I previously had a old Olympus TG-3 with no housing that I finally murdered on a dive to about 98 feet (without a housing) which had a zoom that was great (4X). With the SeaLife 2.0 you will need to buy a macro lens for any hope of getting macro shots as the closest focal point is 12 inches without a macro lens which SeaLife sells for around $99. Several more pics taken in a cenote with no light.
FB_IMG_1579736964612.jpg
FB_IMG_1579736873423.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom