Love my SeaLife Micro 2.0 w/o lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been thinking of getting a upgrade from my old SeaLife camera, this thread has been very helpful so thank you to everyone who posted.

I have been thinking of getting a upgrade from my old SeaLife camera, this thread has been very helpful so thank you to everyone who posted.
I recently upgraded from the Micro 2.0 to the DC2000 and couldn't be happier. I loved my Micro HD+ - but the DC2000 is next level. #SeaLife

I'm not the photographer that a lot of people here are. So for me the Micro 2.0 without lights is great. Easy to use, no cumbersome gear, sealed, etc. as mentioned.
I sharpen and get colors back in the pics using VIVID-PIX

@Trailboss123, I'm thinking of upgrading from my DC1400 to either the 2.0 or DC2000. I like the idea of point and shoot with great outcomes and not a lot of bulky gear and underwater fuss. Can you give your input so far of the DC2000 over the 2.0 and your particular setup? TIA!

i had the Micro HD 2.0 and was happy with it overall, but it does not produce the same quality of fotos or video as the DC2000- It is a marked difference in my opinion. Same setup for both also. Camera mounted to a tray with one camera/video light attached- I use the Sea Dragon 2500 lumen. It is awesome for fotos and just as a great night diving light. Really lights up the reef. The DC 2000 has features and capabilities way beyond my competence. Maybe someday I will get around to figuring it out. FOr now, I just love the ease of point and shoot and the quality is good enough for me. Here is a short video example from Cozumel last December. It takes great macro shots, in my opinion. I also have the wide angle lens attachment. Just pops on and off (in water or above water) over the normal lens, easy as it gets.
This is my setup: Sealife DC2000

Here is the wide angle lens: Sealife SL970 Wide Angle Lens for DC Series Cameras

Thanks for the response, Trailboss123. That is exactly what I want underwater, simplicity. I have the flash and tray that came with my 1400 and I'm getting descent pictures less often than bad pictures. I wonder if I change to just a video/camera light if that would help a lot?

Thanks for the response, Trailboss123. That is exactly what I want underwater, simplicity. I have the flash and tray that came with my 1400 and I'm getting descent pictures less often than bad pictures. I wonder if I change to just a video/camera light if that would help a lot?
I'v never used the flash or any flash. Always have used the 2500 lumen dive/video light.

Is the DC2000 sealed like the Micro HD 2.0? I see a description saying the camera is waterproof, then somewhere else it mentions a housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom