LOTS OF EAGLE RAYS, 6/8/15, 1 pic,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
now 2 eagle ray pics. 2nd day aboard a six day charter with OCEAN DIVERS. honestly, @ least 50 to 60 eagle rays in the school captured by mike w. on MOLASSES REEF buoy M1(deep south, pillar forest, permit ledge/fire coral cave). additional rays observed the entire dive,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• eagle rays.jpg
    eagle rays.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 223
and a few from dive #1 today courtesy of mike w. @ snapper ledge,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• snapper 1.jpg
    snapper 1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 58
  • snapper 2.jpg
    snapper 2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 49
wow looks like the photo class hit a homerun this week!!!!

wow looks like the photo class hit a homerun this week!!!!

today was super as well, aquarius underwater habitat(again numerous eagle rays) and the benwood'''

reefman
key largo

---------- Post added June 9th, 2015 at 02:21 PM ----------

Wow: I've never seen eagle rays schooling in such big groups: only one to three at a time. That is impressive!

it was an impressive aggregation(another diver in our group estimated over 60 animals in that school!) eagle rays have been abundant all over the upper keys for the past 2 weeks, including our 1st dive today,,,,,

eagle rays have been abundant all over the upper keys for the past 2 weeks, including our 1st dive today,,,,,

Yes...they arrived with the Cajuns from South Louisiana! You're Welcome :blinking::rofl3:

Very nice! Gonna be hard to beat that experience. I am headed down Friday so maybe the rays and wind will cooperate :)

Very nice! Gonna be hard to beat that experience. I am headed down Friday so maybe the rays and wind will cooperate :)

the rays are a given(multiple sightings again today @ MO and snapper ledge), however the predicted marine forecast appears marginal Friday thru sunday. terrific blue water @ deep molasses reef this AM, viz easily 100FT+(as good as it gets) with mdt/strong current, clean green, viz 50+(zero current) @ snapper ledge. good luck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

the rays are a given(multiple sightings again today @ MO and snapper ledge), however the predicted marine forecast appears marginal Friday thru sunday. terrific blue water @ deep molasses reef this AM, viz easily 100FT+(as good as it gets) with mdt/strong current, clean green, viz 50+(zero current) @ snapper ledge. good luck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Yep. I've been watching the reports and it looks like Saturday/Sunday are going to be less than desirable. Hoping it clears up Monday and we can get in some dives next week.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom