Lost villages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been to Round Valley for mountain biking. It's a beautiful area.

I heard that some of the local dive shops in that area use Round Valley for their OW classes. I don't know if it's true, but I've heard it.

Perhaps you could get some helpful information for your dive from a local shop....

Michael

I've heard the same. I think there are some platforms there as well.

Jonny_Rocket:
Much deeper than 60 feet though is 120'... We just may get lucky...

Before we make any set in stone plans on this (and I think it would be a good idea to make a stone plan at least a month in advance) I think it would be a good idea if everyone who planned to go met at DS and all dove together at least once.

Or on a boat doing a 140' dive.... the arundo or something....

Haven't we all beat dutch to death... we need to meet there to paractice for this dive????

were mostly diving dutch together and seperate every few weekend anyway.

Sean326:
Or on a boat doing a 140' dive.... the arundo or something....

Haven't we all beat dutch to death... we need to meet there to paractice for this dive????

were mostly diving dutch together and seperate every few weekend anyway.

I just want you guys to be comfortable with me.

i am up for the arundo, i was hoping to hit it before the season ends.
there are some jeep parts calling my name, maybe those are the bottles calling???

hey, maybe we can hit those two locomotives i saw on dsd last night. i think they sit in 90'.

Here's the site for Round Valley Resevoir
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/forestry/parks/round.htm

Scuba and Skin Diving

Water clarity and rich aquatic life make Round Valley Reservoir one of the best freshwater lakes in New Jersey for scuba and skin diving. Diving is permitted from April 1st through October 31st depending on water conditions. Scuba divers must be certified. All divers are required to register at the area office, have a dive buddy, inflatable vest and a dive flag. Divers must check-in prior to, and checkout after, each dive.

Rocket -- I'm newly certified - from the Eldred area... I'm up for diving one weekend if you want. I'm doing my first wreck dive October 10th from Blue Water Divers in Ramsey.

Rocket -- I'm newly certified - from the Eldred area... I'm up for diving one weekend if you want. I'm doing my first wreck dive October 10th from Blue Water Divers in Ramsey.

Hochhauser,

I'm like a 10 minute drive from Rt 55... I'm actually in Forestburgh, but Monticello is an easier reference point as it's a somewhat large town, not a little village. If you're familiar at all with the area, I'm about a mile and a half south of the blinking light on 42....

We're all getting together to dive at Dutch Springs this weekend, you should come out.

Can't make it... I'm out of town this weekend. Thanks for the invite though.

Have you ever dove in any of the lakes in the area? or the Delaware... I'm actually in Yulan.. about 5 miles outside of Eldred - but lots of lakes there and only about 2 miles off the Delaware. I drive up from Paramus many weekends.... Where can you fill a tank up there?

When are you thinking about diving at Round?

Paramus or up this way? In Paramus, there's a dive shop... I think southbound on 17.

Up this way, if you get off 17 at exit 121w (Rt 84 West) and take that to the first Exit 3 (3W?) go like 2 miles... it will turn into one lane, and just past Gannon Tire on the right hand side, there's Middletown Scuba.

Sorry, forgot to add, no I've never dove the Deleware.. the one time I was supposed to, was in Narrowsburg at the hole at night, and the guy I was working for at the time (though I had my AOW for about 2 years) told me I didn't have enough experience to night dive.

I haven't done any lakes either. I don't have a local reliable dive buddy which is why I joined up with this club.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom