Lost villages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Someone wrote an article on one of the other sites, can't seem to find it now. I think they said there was some remains (parts of a foundation, etc.) at about 60' then they saw a few more intact houses much deeper.

Sure EANx 23???? I didn't do the math, but I'd guess NDL for that mix at that depth would be less than 5min!!

Much deeper than 60 feet though is 120'... We just may get lucky...

Before we make any set in stone plans on this (and I think it would be a good idea to make a stone plan at least a month in advance) I think it would be a good idea if everyone who planned to go met at DS and all dove together at least once.

ClassAction:
I'd be in for trying this site. I'm getting pretty bored with DS.

Cool... Would you be up for meeting at DS prior to the dive though? I mean, I'm the new guy, and I just want you guys to be comfortable diving with me.

Hey I don't even care if we find the town. It would be cool just because it's a new place to dive.

I found a little more info:
They are only open until October 31
Someone else in the club went there last week and they had to be out of the water by 2:00, but it was a weekday.
http://usparks.about.com/gi/dynamic.../www.state.nj.us/dep/forestry/parks/round.htm

There are a few other state parks that allow diving too. No sunken villages in the others, but as I said it's just someplace different to dive.

Island Beach

i'm up for round valley.

i stopped by sunday. it's one of my favorite motorcycle runs, my house to round valley.
a good portion of it is actually called pleasant run road.

anyway, i picked up a map and it has crude bottom contours.
it looks like there is a trench in the middle that goes to 160',
but the majority goes from 85-125'.

i looked back at the trip report saturation put on rodales and it looks like from the point where they allow divers to enter, it would be a good 2-3000' surface swim out. that would be to the closest of the roads which would be about 45-85' deep.

i'd be up for trying a shore dive from the designated diver spot. i'd be more up for a boat dive. i think they allow up to 9hp boats, but im not sure if they allow boat diving.

from what i've heard, all the houses were removed when the place was dammed. all that supposedly was left was foundations and road beds. it makes sense that they cleaned it up somewhat since it is a drinking water reserve.

definately worth checking out, just based on the fact that there really isn't any info out there and nobody seems to know for sure what's down there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom