Lost My Shell!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone called the poster on Craigs list?

Kwbyron:
now, ignoring the fact that giving it back would be the decent thing to do, if this is the lost shell, is the guy under any legal obligation to return it. Is finder's keepers a legal defense?

Finder's keepers most certainly isn't a rationale to keep the shell absent a demonstrated intent to abandon. The OP has a right to recover his shell.

That's what I hoped..

airsix:
You silly West-siders - always consulting "the law". :shakehead Just show up at the guy's house and say "A freind said you found my suit. Boy, I sure am greatful! Don't know what I would have done if it hadn't turned up. Here, my wife made you these cookies. <shoves hot plate of cookies at guy in doorway> I'm just real glad you were able to find me. How about we go to lunch on me? Oh look, there's my suit. Boy I'm sure glad to have it back. So what kind of food do you like?..."

Make friends, not litigation.

-Ben M.

:lol:

Plate 'o cookies. That's priceless. There is more than one way to solve a problem, eh?

I will bake a plate of cookies if that is the method selected for shell recovery.
Have to help a fellow diver out when possible.

I just ask that someone goes along to document the event with pictures or video.

has anyone heard from the OP??? I'd hate to go down and try to get this shell from a guy if he inherited it or something....

I emailed the suit poster.
The suit has no valves and does not come with undergarments.
I have to agree with swankenstein ~ I don't think this is a diving shell.

Heard back from suit seller.
He bought this and other dive gear at an Estate sale 2 months ago.

I am thinking this is NOT a diver and I hope they get the proper training on gear and its usage before they go diving...
We could be hearing about another diving accident.

I did warn them that this was not a drysuit shell and they should not use it for any diving.
I also ask that they not try and sell it as a drysuit shell.

Thank you all for you interest in my plight. I got lucky and got my suit back from the guys I had met just that day. They noticed my suit and picked it up and brought it back to the beach the next day for a dive we had arranged to go on. I guess I panicked called out the SWAT team a little early. I had no way of contacting them to see if they had even seen it. My only hope was that they had seen it and realized it was mine.
I asked divers at Edmonds and the local dive shop if they had seen my suit. They all expressed a level of remorse for my loss that is usually reserved for a death in the family. Thank you all for the tips and laughs. I tried to take my heroes to dinner but they had to leave. But now I have their names and numbers and will reward their good deeds.

Alls well that ends well. Thanks again.

Jerry

Lol- glad you recovered it, Jerry. Most of us felt your horror at the loss, I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom