Lost Lake?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atlas750

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be DM ing at Lost lake south of Houston tomorrow. Anyone been there? I'm sure the vis is horrible this time of year. As far as I know Twin Lakes is still closed so not much choice. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info. Looks like your typical Texas lake in the winter. Well anything to get wet!

Quick report. Vis 2' temp 57 at 20'(the bottom). Steps to lake broken. No facilities. Don't waste your time there. I hope Twin Lakes opens up soon.

Was bored so dove Lost Lake today. Easy entry at NE corner. Zero vis first 5 feet down and then cleared up a bit to 2 to 3 ft vis. Did two dives at 40 min each. Max depth was 28 ft with most time spent less than 20 ft following old roadbed across lake. Lots of small fish and plenty of vegetation down to about 20 ft. Very comfortable dives in 7mm fullsuit, hood, gloves and boots at 57 f water temp.

Back
Top Bottom