Lost Hydro Tiime

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectrum

Dive Bum Wannabe
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm going to be shopping for some new cylinders quite soon and was wondering what is a resonable expectation for newness? In other words at what point should I consider dickering down because I may need to go through the expense, risk and effort to get cylinders tested sooner than if they were factory fresh. I know there's no hard rule here but what's a reasonable age for a new cylinder?

Thanks,
Pet

Our LDC starts discounting tanks when they have been in inventory
coming up on a year. But I would make sure current vis is included,
hydro would be a year sooner, but hey, you are getting a discount,
right?

I agree that a year is pretty long for the shop life on a new tank and is about when discounts should start kicking in. How much of a discount depends a lot on how much a hydro costs in your area.

Even if a shop does not have a lot of room to discount the tank due to their cost, they can often thrown in 10 free air fills, etc to sweeten the deal for you (and move the tank for them).

We offer a discount to stores if a hydro is unreasonably old. Some cylinders sell at a faster rate and a "fresh" hydro should be expected. Some specialty cylinders must ordered in large quantities by distributors with slow sell thru the hydros become "stale" but it allows for the availability of low sales volume cylinders.

Whenever I read this kind of post, I think that we are living in a totally different world.
It never happen in my area.

Free air card,
Self air refill for 24 hours
Annual service charges

LOL~~~

DA Aquamaster:
Even if a shop does not have a lot of room to discount the tank due to their cost, they can often thrown in 10 free air fills, etc to sweeten the deal for you (and move the tank for them).

If you are looking for steel tanks, LP Fabers are being liquidated in preperation for the new line.

[clip]

We need to make room for our NEW FX-Series (3442 PSI)

All Low Pressure (2640 PSI, 3000 PSI & 3180 PSI) cylinders must go.

Limited Quantity on hand.

L45, 45 c.f. @2640 PSI, $104.95 ea.

L85, 85 c.f. @2640 PSI, $123.95 ea.

L95, 95 c.f. @2640 PSI, $132.95 ea.

L108, 108 c.f. @2640 PSI, $138.95 ea.

L120, 120 c.f. @2640 PSI, $155.95 ea.

Pricing includes Tank (white) valve 200 Bar DIN, and boot.

M71, 71 c.f. @3300 PSI, $120.95 ea.

Pricing includes Tank (white) valve 200 Bar DIN, and boot.

M80, 80 c.f. @3180 PSI, $140.95

M100, 100 c.f. @3180 PSI, $154.95

M120, 120 c.f. @3180 PSI $161.95

Pricing includes Tank (white) valve 300 Bar DIN, and boot.

[clip]

PM me for the phone number.

Leadking:
We offer a discount to stores if a hydro is unreasonably old. Some cylinders sell at a faster rate and a "fresh" hydro should be expected. Some specialty cylinders must ordered in large quantities by distributors with slow sell thru the hydros become "stale" but it allows for the availability of low sales volume cylinders.

I should add a stale hydro to us is over 10 months old!

Back
Top Bottom