Lost dive scooter: flotsam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

northernone

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My DPV floated away from just south of Villa Blanca last night. : (

images (24).jpeg

Cap visible a few inches above the surface, floats vertically. Current heading north. Return would be amazing!!!

Li ion battery on board, ideal if a boat doesn't hit it. I've notified the port captain and talked to a few of the shops and boat captains too.

Shout out to Salty Endeavors for sharing my loss to the dive shop group too.

Cameron

Uggghhhhh

OUCH with west winds and loop currents !! I'll keep an eye out for it in Florida.

OUCH with west winds and loop currents !! I'll keep an eye out for it in Florida.

A variety of theoretical models has been proposed to explain why salvo mojo must begin their international migration.

One suggestion is deep within their lithium cells, they all have the urge to return to the Cadillac Hotel.

(and wow, it feels horrible losing a scooter :( )

Have you tried the couple cases of beer down by the sailboat? Just a different kind of fish to catch...

Hi @northernone

How could that happen?

There was confusion as to who was tending it during predive gearing up in the shallows and it snuck off down current in the fog of war and dusk light. A good minute head start was all it needed to make the getaway.

(A Salvo mojo scooter is infamous for burning down a hotel in Florida near cave country when the LiPo pack was charging.)

...(A Salvo mojo scooter is infamous for burning down a hotel in Florida near cave country when the LiPo pack was charging.)

I've stayed at the Cadillac and remember that story on CDF, LOL!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom