lost Coolpix 5700 in an Ikelite housing flood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vieque

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Need to get this out my chest.. I just lost my new Nikon 5700 on the housing's (and camera for that matter) first dive. This happened last sunday. Everything was mounted following the manufacturers instructions. I took special care to mount everything beforehand. All o-rings were carefully prepared and checked for the dive. The flooding started in the 30's and at 38' the camera blacked out.

I just sent the whole thing to Ikelite to be checked out.

Has anyone had a similar experience with Ikelite? If there was a problem with the housing (or parts) do they compensate in any way for the los equipment? Im dying to listen to some encouranging story with a positive ending. (please)?
:031:

I have two Ikelite housings. The first rule of camera housings involves diving to 80-100' without the camera inside! And after a long shelf life this rule applies (at the start of each diving season). To this date neither of my Ikelites have ever flooded. Hopefully, (for your sake) the housing has a defect but I doubt that Ikelite will do anything other than replace a defective housing.

Can't say anything about the Ikelite, but having lost my C5050z to a flood I know what your going thru. My condolences!

Aloha,
Lisa

PS: Did you have your set up insured?

Big drag....sorry to hear about that.

I am getting some gear together for my cannon ELAN (just bought an ikelite substrobe 200 YAY!) and hear everyone talking about insurance...where do you get it and how much does it usually cost? My condolences also.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom