lost Coolpix 5700 in an Ikelite housing flood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30:
Did you see where the leak came in?

I kept looking at the camera all the way while descending, when I was about at 30' took my eyes off of it (to take my FIRST uw photo!) and it must've been at around that depth that the leakage began. It was a very slow flood and I couldnt really tell where was the water was coming in from. When I got to the surface there was already about 3/4 of an inch of water. I could see the water reacting with the battery, it was turning milky very fast. Checked my computer and max depth had been 38'.

Before the dive I checked the seals of the back plate. Nice dark black squeezed o-ring with the tiny space between plate and housing. All joining parts were lightly (very lightly) lubricated as indicated in the instructions. I still dont know where did it go wrong. Im not sure if the bolts that hold the bracket to the housing had any to do with the flooding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom