Lost at Shaw's Cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nannymouse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
1 mask and snorkle.
1 Mares fin, black.
Another mask, red and clear.

After our first dive at Shaw's Cove in Laguna Beach, as I was coming up to change out my tank, I noticed a couple sitting on the rocks, and the woman was looking glum. I asked if they were going out again and she told me that she had lost her mask. I told her that I had a spare that she could use. She thanked me, and they proceeded with their dive, and we proceeded with our second dive.

They finished before we did, and I saw them on the beach as we swam back in. I saw them looking around in the surf line, and said to my buddy "I am going to laugh my @$$ off if she lost my mask too!"

Sure enough...

I am not too put out, because it is not new, and not expensive. She gave me $20 (which is about right), and I may have made some new dive friends (as long as they bring their own mask) :wink:

Crazy! Just saw this post...my husband & I were on the beach at Shaw's last Tuesday (4/22) evening when we found a red/clear mask on one of the rocks. Pretty high up--definitely placed there. We saw some divers exit the cove a few minutes before we went down the stairs, so we rushed up to give it to them, thinking it was theirs. But it wasn't. They had found it on the bottom and left it on the rock for the owner to find! We didn't wanna run all the way down again, so we left it on top of the power box at the top of the stairs.

FYI--the end of the story, I guess....unless you find it! :wink:

The 'normal protocol' for lost items if no one is around at Shaw's is to drop it off at Laguna Sea Sports (just up the hill)....you might check there. I dove Shaw's on April 23rd and didn't see anything.

Pam, Thank you for the report!
Otter, thank you for the advice!
I will recognise my mask, and her fin, (she still had the other), but she lost her mask before we met. I will e-mail this thread to them, maybe they will stop in at Laguna Sea Sports. :)

My buddy and I plan to dive the reef off of 204s in San Clemente today, but he is still not sure if the surface swim is too long. If not 204s, then I will talk him into going to Shaw's again, and I will check LSS.

Thanks again! -N

Back
Top Bottom