Loreto, Which Dive Shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since you live there you must know if there are any decent shore dives. Well-kept secrets or there just aren't any?

Believe me when I say if there was a decent shore dive here I'd have found it by now. Problem is the best diving ... in fact, almost all of the diving ... is out on the islands. Bottom topography near the mainland is mostly quite shallow and sandy ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I read about a shore dive next to a golf course (I think) but haven't looked into it. Part of the problem is I have not yet learned where to rent a car without being severely taken advantage of. There is a car rental place in the vicinity of the dive shops etc. but I went with Hertz because they had a really great deal if you flew with Alaska. It turned out that when we got there they wanted several hundred more dollars for insurance than what I was quoted. I also suspect them of stealing my credit card info. Next time I'm in town I'll check out the other place. It had a name that sounded independent.

Sometimes we like to shore dive even if it's not spectacular--we just need our hyperbaric treatment. :wink: We usually stay a month or more on Cozumel and simply can't afford to boat dive every other day and have found some very satisfactory places to shore dive, and sometimes for very little money.

Hey James,
You may be able to use your car insurance to cover your car rental. I have Allstate and they have for years covered all of my rentals. Check with your insurance company.

Back
Top Bottom