Loosing watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The bigest difference with the frogman is that the buttons are protected so it's really hard to push them by accident.

It's almost annoying to push them when you want to sometimes but I'm getting used to it now...
I'm prety sure the Timex buttons got pushed at depth by the watch pressing up against the side of my computer.

Anyone who finds an Orange faced Citizen under the Malibu pier, on a velcro strap can keep it, or return it to me for a reward. Lost a month ago.

Still have the olive faced one, but you know, sentmental value.

If you have found a watch, or some other wrist mounted insturment, I would be intrested to know if you can tell why it was lost??

1) If it was fastened and the strap was ok, it slipped off.

2) Strap came loose from watch at one end (or both!) a. did the strap fail or b. did the strap detach from the instrument?

3) Strap/buckle/velcro broke, both ends still attached.

I'm 98% sure that my watch was lost simply because the velcro came 'unstuck' during a rough, larger than normal surf, beach entry.

My bad, I actually thought about it prior to entry, guess the velcro wasn't as good as I thought.

My 21 year old Heuer still has the original bracelet on it. It has an "expandable link" which allows the watch to fit my bare wrist or to fit over my wetsuit sleeve without changing any adjustments. Other than something similar to this, the velcro band is the way to go.
Norm

yep, my 13 year old heuer has been a very reliable and a very practical option. doesn't crack under pressur:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom