Loop at bottom/front of dive skin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a couple of dive shirts/skins/rash guards that have a loop sewn into the hem at the bottom of the front of the shirt. The latest example is a Sharkskin Rapid Dry long sleeve t-shirt I just got.

Can anybody tell me what that loop is supposed to be for?? The only use I can think of sounds very uncomfortable and not to be described in polite company... LOL

Both mine have them at the center of the front, at the bottom. I'm skeptical that it's to help take it off... ?

Can anybody tell me what that loop is supposed to be for?? The only use I can think of sounds very uncomfortable and not to be described in polite company... LOL

Please elaborate. The company here isn't that polite, but is probably, like me, wondering what you're alluding to.

I think the loop is there so you can attach it to board shorts to prevent it riding up when you eventually fall into the water.

^^^
This. Like the loop on the inside of a Cummerbund that goes on to a trouser button to stop it riding up over your belly when you over indulge at a dinner.

[Insert eggplant emoji]

Place loop around eggplant.

Keeps skin from riding up...

:shocked:

Please elaborate. The company here isn't that polite, but is probably, like me, wondering what you're alluding to.

Ha ha! I was alluding to putting the loop around my junk, to keep the shirt from riding up. That's the only thing I can think of that would be in about the right place that the shirt loop could go around.

If I wanted to attach the loop somehow to board shorts, the only thing I can think of is to tie the shorts' waist drawstring through the shirt's loop. But, the shirts are long enough that it would still let the shirt ride up an annoying amount, so I guess I just don't really see the usefulness of this loop, if that's how it's intended to be used.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom