Looks like Frances is on the way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Da Fool is officially checking in. Power & phone came on back on about 6 P.M. tonight, whilst I was outside playing Paul Bunyan.

it's good to see everyone checking in. has anyone heard from Rick and Angie?

I got back today from Georgia where we stayed during the storm. Everything is fine except for a section of fence that blew over and my screen porch is a screenless porch now. The other thing that amazed me was that the power was on when I got back.

Matt

I am glad to hear everyone is ok and there has been minor inconvences/damage so far. The people on the east coast took this one pretty hard. Guess I need to try and further prove my theory that I am hurricane replentant (lived on the coast of nc and fl all my life and never been through a hurricane) and follow a hurricane around. I am sure a few people would be dang glad to see me!

Paul

I have been in contact with Rick and Angie throughout the storm. They are fine, no damage, no loss of electricity...
I am still without my phone service, my cell phone company doesn't want to extend any additional daytime minutes unless I get an upgraded rate plan. gggrrrrrhhh.
Marvel, my pleasure having you over, I am glad you came...we just need to drink more, I think! LOL
Suzanne, my door is open to you anytime, please do not hesitate to ask for driving directions. And that goes for anybody who needs shelter during the season.
Andy, good to see ya online.
Will try to check in whenever possible, but since I only can access SB at work right now...

KBeck:
but our other building two blocks away is missing much of a roof and very water damaged. We're not sure what we'll do to get that group of employees back to work. I also hear the sugar crops are decimated, so another hit for us when we're already in bad shape--will be interesting to see the long term effects.
Send the other employees out into the field, save them the office work!!

Is anyone not accounted for now???

My workplace and house are in good shape, might snip a small tree that is leaning over house (pushed by Charley, nudged a little more by Frances) if it looks like the "I" storm (name we cant mention) is coming. They are out on our road picking up trees and stuff in those big trucks, so hopefully no more debris to be used should another cane come through. Talking of which, do any folks down on the SW need a hand this weekend or around that time to get things together (roof repair, boards up etc) should they get hit on Charley's clone storm??

BTW, post #1977, year of my birth! What a milestone.

USAF Diver:
The other thing that amazed me was that the power was on when I got back.

Matt,
You're lucky to be part of the lucky FPL customers with power. Mine has been out for 4 days now. It sure gets dark in South Melboure when the sun goes down...

Al

Scuba_Jenny:
Andy, good to see ya online.

liwekise! i got the warm and fuzzies when i read you and
hermit crab were ok

Al, it turns out we were very very lucky. My neighbor says the power was only out for about a half hour the night Frances went through. Hang in there, the news says the power should be back on soon.

Matt

Thanks to some thawing lobster tails that I donated to a local BBQ a couple of evenings ago, I now have a generator buzzing and helping me access the net. Power still off in Delray, but that's no surprise since our power goes off when the summer rains fall in MyYami. But our phones are working again, and with the generator, I'm able to catch up on a week's happenings on the board.

Glad folks weathered this one. I'm curious to see how the 2d & 3d reefs held up...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom