Looks like Frances is on the way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope everyone here is ok. Down here in Miami, it wasn't that bad. People were "over prepared". We got some heavy rains and the casual 50+ m/h winds. Some uprooted trees, and some power shortage in some areas, but nothing big. Lets hope Ivan doesn't decide to come staight at us.

We are back in pur home. It survived with no damage. Since its a mobile home we had to evacuate. Police were at our door early Thursday AM telling us we would have to leave by 2 PM. We did not end up leaving until Friday AM as we first had to find a place to go. That was no easy task with all the hotels full. We ended up at the Bonaventure Resort in Weston. Our home here in Deerfield Beach had no power from Friday afternoon until late yesterday evening. The resort lost power at 10 Am on Saturday it was still out when we left to return home on Sunday afternoon. We were fortunate that we have a large screen porch with a gas turkey fryer and gas grill, we could at least cook and avoid the mosquitos. Lost all the freezer and fridge stuff, I think that was a minor price to pay to still have my home standing.

Glad to see everyone checking in and that so far all are safe and unharmed.

Zuzanne

Welcome back Zuzanne! Glad to see your safe and sound!!

I just heard from Baitedstorm - she and murphdiver & family are all safe and sound - the area the live in is being referred to as "ground zero" for the hurricane's land fall. The shelter they were hiding in with 1400 other people was condemned immediately after the storm passed and the search and rescue teams showed up. Their apartment also took on water... other than that, all is well :D

It's such good news each time we hear that someone else made it through safely.

WEll, I'm finally able to check in as well--lots and lots of trees down; I'm just amazed that over and over I see trees down--in opposite directions as the houses they are in front of--so strange!!
Gas is still impossible to find, so I'm trying to just stay put and not drive more than necessary.
I hear my office, which is right on the intracoastal, is in good shape, and we're back to work tomorrow to try and get payrolls going for everyone; but our other building two blocks away is missing much of a roof and very water damaged. We're not sure what we'll do to get that group of employees back to work. I also hear the sugar crops are decimated, so another hit for us when we're already in bad shape--will be interesting to see the long term effects.
Glad to hear everyone is ok and the storm was not as bad as it could have been.

So glad to hear from everyone....keep your chins up and hope the power gets on soon. If for no other reason than for gas and refrigeration.

Its amazing what we take for granted !

Take care everyone!

So glad to hear you are OK, Krista- I asked Walter but he hadn't heard anything.

Glad everyone made it through the storm so far. lets hope we can stay safe through the repair and recovery stage of this disaster.

Don't wanna be the barer of bad news but . well I am not gonna say it. gonna pray.

Take care and God Bless, stay safe and be carefull.

KBeck:
I'm finally able to check in as well--lots and lots of trees down; I'm just amazed that over and over I see trees down--in opposite directions as the houses they are in front of--so strange!!

I'm back on line too, at work. No juice at home yet. Both my work boat and my personal one remain intact. I wonder how Baitedstorm and Murphdiver are. I suppose I could try reading the thread past this page.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom