Looking to go diving in SLC area on 21st, 22nd, or 23rd of August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nrengle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'd like to do some diving while I'm in the SLC area for a few days off from tour. I'd need a buddy, and some rental gear (BCD, REG, Tanks, Weights, Computer). If anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. Trying to get what diving I can in while traveling for work.

Thanks!

That looks interesting. I won't have a vehicle available to me (on a rock tour in a tour bus, so no car hahaha). Anything local. Otherwise I might have to look into a car rental for a day. And a buddy.

Steve

I contacted Seabase a couple of weeks ago after seeing a post about it, and they were less than friendly to me about the days I have available, and actually haven't returned any emails on questions I had about those days. I had a few people on our tour interested, even if it was a private booking, but they never have gotten back to me with price via email or phone calls...

Steve

I contacted Seabase a couple of weeks ago after seeing a post about it, and they were less than friendly to me about the days I have available, and actually haven't returned any emails on questions I had about those days. I had a few people on our tour interested, even if it was a private booking, but they never have gotten back to me with price via email or phone calls...
I'm shocked :shocked2: that they were less than friendly....ok may be not. They are a Thursday - Sunday operation and unless you can "fill the pond" with 8+ I believe, then you're out of luck. Honestly you would be disappointed, the vis last time I was there was about 5 feet. You wouldn't see the nurse shark until you bumped into each other.
I'm busy with pool and class work those days, but you may want to call the Homestead and see if they would give you the store/instructor names and numbers that are booked for those days. Call and see if you could join them and possibly catch a ride.

Scott

Thanks for the heads up. I'm heading out there Tuesday. Diving is cheap enough and a rental car is too to make it worth my while. They have an instructor that is willing to sign off on my Altitude AOW dive after I show him the course work completed before I jump in. Also a few of the guys from my tour are going to head out and check it out (one's golfing though hahaha).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom