Looking to do cheap PCB or Destin trip this month

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetHoss

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking to do a cheap dive trip to Destin or Panama City Beach and do some jetties diving and a boat trip or two. I could use a partner, and I have a hybrid car that is small but gets 50 mpg, so the travel part would be cheap. May also hit Vortex or Morrison if they are open. Open for suggestions. Car is small, but may hold two divers worth of gear!

The more the marrier and I would be up for renting a van if enough people wanted to go. Planning on Cheap Accomodations, great diving and food and a good time.

As I said, I am open for suggestions, dates, dives but plan to do this in el cheapo mode.

Leaving from the Atlanta area through Columbus, Dothan and North Florida.

Adios My Friends.......The Hozer!

Hey, Cewarbin,
Are you up to camping????

Liscense back in possession by next Monday. I'm open for weekends, especially for cheaper dives like jetties and free/cheap springs. Morrison is open, but flooded at the moment. Cypress is good to dive, we can always strap canoes onto trucks and go.

Its about damned time for a good canoe trip up to Cypress anyway. Maybe the crawfish will be out, bring a goody bag :wink:

Hey, Bug Man, know of anyone that wants a really nice canoe for $450. It's a Sawyer 17' fiberglass cloth layup with wood/cane seats.

It's light and fast.

Yeah, me, in a few months :)

I don't know of anyone looking for one, with money, at this time though...

cewarbin:
I am looking to do a cheap dive trip to Destin or Panama City Beach and do some jetties diving and a boat trip or two. I could use a partner, and I have a hybrid car that is small but gets 50 mpg, so the travel part would be cheap. May also hit Vortex or Morrison if they are open. Open for suggestions. Car is small, but may hold two divers worth of gear!

The more the marrier and I would be up for renting a van if enough people wanted to go. Planning on Cheap Accomodations, great diving and food and a good time.

As I said, I am open for suggestions, dates, dives but plan to do this in el cheapo mode.

Leaving from the Atlanta area through Columbus, Dothan and North Florida.

Adios My Friends.......The Hozer!

When my brother and I go we usually camp out at St. Andrews State park. Be sure to register at www.reserveamerica.com and reserve the campsite there or you may not get a campsite when you get to St. Andrews State park. Unless the price went up it's 24.00 + tax per campsite.
My brother and I usually just split gas. I pay going, he pays on the way back. We can dive the Jetties for about 40.00 each doing it this way. This doesn't include air fills or food! Pretty cheap for PCB! Add in a 65.00 boat trip for Sat. Morning and voila...about 105.00. Not to shabby!

This is how I go diving the gulf & springs on the cheap.

I'm looking to go back down to PCB the first of June and at least do some Jettie dives and maybe a 2 tank boad dive. As the days go by I will formulate a plan and concrete in some dates.

Jeremy

Thanks for all the info, I am open for dates and all, so keep this thing going and we might come up with a cheapo trip. I do camp, soon to be ex has all my gear though and she aint being nice at this time, so I really cant get it. Hell, havent seen my kids in 6 months, much less some of my things.

$100.00 for a trip camping, jetties and one two tank boat trip sounds great. I have that hybrid Honda Insight and my gas would be about $22.00 round trip from North Atlanta area!!

Thanks and AMF...(adios my freinds)

cewarbin:
I have that hybrid Honda Insight and my gas would be about $22.00 round trip from North Atlanta area!!

Thats a oneway trip to Vortex for me... Damned truck, I can't wait to get a 4-banger stationwagon...

Back
Top Bottom