Looking to Bali, 1/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O'Malley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I are researching Bali for 1/2007 and looking for feedback from folks who have stayed at either the Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa Resort and/or the Nikko Bali Resort. Are either resorts located near reputable dive operations? We aren't neccessarily looking for many amenities...my wife, a non-diver, just needs a nice beach. I understand our timeframe falls within the rainy season but just how rainy is Bali during the season? Thanks...

Was there in December 2005. Yes, there were some rains, but I guess I survived it in the travel agent's minivan. Most resorts in Nusa Dua are superb to say the least (well, it's something you can expect from Bali anyway!)

I stayed at the Swissbel Hotel Bali Aga, some distance away from Nusa Dua beach. The resorts you mentioned above are directly facing the beach.

Some travel reports + photos:
Swissbel Hotel Nusa Dua: http://www.uluwatu.org/swissbel-baliaga.shtml
Nusa Dua Beach: http://www.uluwatu.org/nusa-dua-beach.shtml

In general, during the year-end rainy season, you can still get good weather in the morning and noon.

O'Malley:
My wife and I are researching Bali for 1/2007 and looking for feedback from folks who have stayed at either the Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa Resort and/or the Nikko Bali Resort. Are either resorts located near reputable dive operations? We aren't neccessarily looking for many amenities...my wife, a non-diver, just needs a nice beach. I understand our timeframe falls within the rainy season but just how rainy is Bali during the season? Thanks...
Indeed January will be rainy season, but the weather seem more unpredictable now, most people in this region is expecting rain to come (incl. making artificial rain) to remove haze from burning forest in Sumatra and Kalimantan. But, unfortunately very few.

Nusa Dua is typicaly the place expected by most tourist; clean, luxury, easy access, w/ complete facilities to pamper everyone who can pay. For diving, just contact any reputable DS through internet (search this web site to find the most recomended one - although the hotel will be more than happy to help you too) to arrange a day dive trip to Northtern Bali (Pulau Menjangan, Tulamben, Amed), you'll only need to wake up early morning. The journey will take 2 - 3 hours one way. Most of them still diveable but reduced viz.

You can also dive Nusa Dua area although not very special.
Other choice, a day cruise trip to Nusa Lembongan / Nusa Penida to include diving option for you - you wife my enjoy snorkeling, beach or just walking in the island , check this www.balihaicruises.com/hai-tide-huts.html or www.balibountycruises.com
Or rent a chopper (Robinson R-22) for few thousand bugs to drop you everywhere in bali :D

Oh yes, the whole of Nusa Dua is like a large township resort by itself. There are even luxury condos with superb ocean view sprouting all around. Security also seemed much tighter at the "gates" entering into Nusa Dua. Although the police weren't likely to stop you for strip-search or anything. Just to announce their presence I guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom