Dive centers Bali search, looking for Tulamben, Nusa Lembongan/Ceningan/Penida and maybe Gilis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMHO,if any location from the above list to be missed, is Gili islands unless you love turtle a lot.
Visited gili air on Nov 2021, more less same as years back. Not impressed me.

Skip the Gilis

Just out of curiosity what was wrong with the Gili's??

I have part time lived in Indonesia for several years now and majority of my diving is done there so I have done ALOT of diving in Indonesia (plus alot around the world) and Komodo, SE Sulawesi (for cave diving) Raja, and the Gili's are some of my most favorite places. So much so that I lived on the Gili's almost the entire year of 2020.

I know diving experience and sites are personal preference but IMO I still think Gili's is worth checking out. I really like it! Keeps me going back. Beautiful vertical walls and reefs. Some of my favorites sites are: Tunang, Donyeng, Pyramids, Tanga, Taman/Lindas, Corner Shop, Hyabusa Maru Wreck, Simon's

Just out of curiosity what was wrong with the Gili's??

I have part time lived in Indonesia for several years now and majority of my diving is done there so I have done ALOT of diving in Indonesia (plus alot around the world) and Komodo, SE Sulawesi (for cave diving) Raja, and the Gili's are some of my most favorite places. So much so that I lived on the Gili's almost the entire year of 2020.

I know diving experience and sites are personal preference but IMO I still think Gili's is worth checking out. I really like it! Keeps me going back. Beautiful vertical walls and reefs. Some of my favorites sites are: Tunang, Donyeng, Pyramids, Tanga, Taman/Lindas, Corner Shop, Hyabusa Maru Wreck, Simon's
I LOVE Gili Air. Nothing is wrong with the Gili Islands off Lombok. I get when you only have three weeks in Indonesia and your sole purpose is to dive hardcore they are low on the list. That being said, I have had so many amazing dives there. If the water is right on Simon's Reef, it is as beautiful as any dive in Komodo. I have seen mantas, eagle rays, solid macro, and even a whale shark there...not to mention a gazillion turtles. After, I had a choice of fun restaurants and bars and love not being confined to the one isolated dive resort.

Indeed, nothing wrong just not on my top priority list. The typical DC operation there is not my cup of tea; the dive site is okay but nothing special at least on my three visits there; the dive guides - okay for fun dive but not for people with camera. The top side -similar, not my taste, I dont feel at home there like in Bali.
I visited Gili last November just to refresh me and get update the situation during pandemic

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom