Looking Scuba Club Coz updates.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nyprrthd:
In my opinion, part of the Cozumel experience is getting out and mingling with the great people who call it home. There are some truly great restaurants on the island, and they're relatively inexpensive.

BTW, there are many members who return to SCC year after year, and enjoy themselves. It all depends on what you want.

You hit the nail right on the head. The people I know who do that, ie make an anual pilgramige to SCC, are there to dive 7 times a day and rest on the SI's. They have absolutely no interest in taking in the wonderfull culture and food Cozumel has to offer and usually never leave the resort.

That's what they like, as you said, to each his own.

James

Breakfast is served from a buffet line but lunch and dinner are sitdown served meals. There is a daily lunch special or you are free to order off the menu at no extra charge. Dinner is somewhat formally served (shoes and shirt expected) and consists of two choices which change each day. For the most part I found the meals to be quite good but my wife and I usually go to town for one special dinner. The AI does not include any tips. For a weeks stay for 2 people, I expect to leave about $300 spread out between waiters, housekeeping, dive masters, boat crew, and bell hops. They all work pretty hard to keep you happy for those tips. Tips are left in envelopes as you check out. You have to like easy diving (I do 3 to 5 each day), peace & quiet, and hard beds (4 inch mattress on a cement slab) to prefer SCC over the many other excellent options on Cozumel.

Decisions, decisions. Life is good! :D

Thanks to everyone thus far with messages.... It's hard to switch from a fancy all inclusive resort which is what we experienced on our honeymoon last may. I am trying to get my spouse to realize that. I am looking into Fiesta Americana as a 2nd choice. Kudos to all on scubaboard. I love using the board as a resource.

Please consider Caribe Blu. In this SB'ers opinion, it has all of the great qualities about SCC without all of the bad ones...

For a fancy AI, there's always the Cozumel Palace. Close to downtown, two person jacuzzi in every room. Small, manmade beach, but a nice pool. Dock where you can be picked up, or you can use their dive operation (don't recall which one is based there).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom