Looking Ft. Lauderdale Dive Op for Open Water Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianOrange

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Everyone -

So I think I can post this now since we just booked our flights to Ft Lauderdale for our Open Water certification dives. By the way, booking with reward miles stinks!

Anyway, we are looking for any advice on Lauderdale dive ops we could do our 4 Open Water Dives with. We want to do them off Ft Lauderdale since that's where we are staying. Other than that, just looking for any insights or advice on shops. Maybe someone here has a hook up or knows the Dive Op, etc. Right now I'd probably just be picking someone off of google.

Thanks.

Brian

My answer is always Underwater Explorers. They are however (shockingly) not the best fit to your parameters.

Therefore I would say Pro Dive. They are right there on Sea Breeze off the Fort Lauderdale strip. After you can have beers, shots and burgers at the Bahia Cabana --

American Dream is a great boat, and Captain Todd is a top notch captain. You can contact him, and set up the referral, or use one of the shops that use his boat.

One of the shops is Lauderdale Diver. They are minutes from the boat, and they will book the dives for you as a part of the referral. Here is their website Lauderdale Diver Home Page

I would recommend Rob & Sylvia Davis @ DIVE CLASSES

Another big thumb's up for:
Sea Experience
American Dream II
Pro Diver II

They are all awesome local boats and your decision will largely be made by what dives they are offering on the days you need!!! You can't go wrong with any of them.

After you get your certs, post a message on SB if you still have some time in Fort Lauderdale. There's a ton of us who would enjoy taking you out on a beach dive. It's nice to do some dives with experienced folks right out of class and we do it all the time.

After you get your certs, post a message on SB if you still have some time in Fort Lauderdale. There's a ton of us who would enjoy taking you out on a beach dive. It's nice to do some dives with experienced folks right out of class and we do it all the time.

Thanks so much. Appreciate the offer very much. I think the time will be tight but hopefully I can take you up on that offer another time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom