looking forward to my first Oil Rig dive - Pascagoula, MS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maggs_the

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
booked with The Scuba Company out of New Orleans and we're leaving out of Pascagoula, MS.. 3-tank dive off a charter boat. Going with another SB Member (oilman66) who WORKS on a rig in the Gulf... not the particular one we'll dive, but still cool

Uh Huh! See how you are!

I've still yet to do one(rig dive), looking forward to a report. Feel free to head a bit further East next time and join us for some dives :D

SuPrBuGmAn:
I've still yet to do one(rig dive), looking forward to a report. Feel free to head a bit further East next time and join us for some dives :D

not a problem! hopefully, it'll be a great report. and thanks for the invite

Xtreme:
How'd ya'll do???

not good... the boat captain over-booked and "assumed" we would be okay to dive sunday instead of saturday... sadly, that was not a good assumption so my oil rig dives are cancelled for now!! the hotel room was non-refundable and there aren't any other charters that i can find going out of Pascagoula, MS so that was a wasted $60.

Hopefully if ya'll do get to go out the visibility is better than it was for us last Wednesday. We dove two rigs, one southeast of Horn Island in 55 ft. and the other almost due east of the north light at the Chandeleur Island at about 85 ft. The visibility at the one east of the Chandeleurs was about 15 ft. and the other one was about 4 ft. Not only was the visibility better at the deeper rig, it had a lot more fish, however the surface current was terrible, but it subsided a little as we descended. Let us know how it goes and good luck…

maggs_the:
booked with The Scuba Company out of New Orleans and we're leaving out of Pascagoula, MS.. 3-tank dive off a charter boat. Going with another SB Member (oilman66) who WORKS on a rig in the Gulf... not the particular one we'll dive, but still cool

Maggs

Please let me know how the dive goes. I have been wanting to get up that way to do some photography and write some editorial for Advanced Diver Magazine.

I am looking for some good dive charters that will let our team dive rebreathers, go deep, and stay down longer so we can get the shots I want.

Thanks

Curt Bowen:
Please let me know how the dive goes.

She wasn't able to make the dives.

maggs_the:
not good... the boat captain over-booked and "assumed" we would be okay to dive sunday instead of saturday... sadly, that was not a good assumption so my oil rig dives are cancelled for now!! the hotel room was non-refundable and there aren't any other charters that i can find going out of Pascagoula, MS so that was a wasted $60.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom