Looking for training pool in Mass, NH, Conn, Vt, or NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pinto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello- Does anyone know of an indoor pool (perhaps scuba training facility) that can be leased or is leased by a club in the New Engalnd area. More specifically, three of us are looking for a pool to experiment with different equipment configurations, check bouyancy, and practice kick techniques.

The ideal pool facility would have a large deep end of => 20'.

thanks

Check with Todd at Northeast Scuba in Chelmsford MA. They do lease out a pool for their training and he may be able to help.

I talked to this place by phone and they lease the pool out for private use or you can go for a small fee during the week days. The only problem is the pool is only 8' feet deep which is a little shallow for our purpose.

Thanks

The only problem is the pool is only 8' feet deep which is a little shallow for our purpose.

Thanks

I did my OW pool sessions in this pool (Harvard Ridge Poolclub, Boxborough, MA) and I thought it was a good location to learn and practice skills. The pool was nice and heated even with the outside temperature at about 10 degrees. Definitely on the shallow side though and lots of kids running around so make sure your tanks are lying down! If that is too shallow for you...

Another suggestion would be to touch base with United Divers in Somerville, MA. I seem to remember reading something about a deep training pool when I was looking at places to get my certification. I believe they go to the MIT Alumni Pool in Cambridge, MA which ranges from 9' - 13' deep.

Also, the Atkinson Pool in Sudbury, MA has a deep pool (12'-6") they use for "diving" (the other type off of a diving board) and occasionally scuba classes. I believe that the Boston Harbor Diving Company does their pool sessions there if you want to get in touch with them.

Scuba Shack in Rocky Hills, CT, has open pool sessions at Cornerstone Aquatics in West Hartford on Monday and Thursday evenings. Big pool, 14' deep. Since you can't get in until 8:30, after the swimmers leave, and have to be out by 10, it's hard to justify driving a long distance for a session. Otherwise, it's great!

We ended up finding a 10' pool near to our home at a Condo complex. We spent a couple of hours recording weights needed for different suits and tank configurations. It was well worth the $25 dollars we paid.

Thanks for all the great feed back and suggestions in answer to my post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom