Looking for Tampa Bay area divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aue-mike

Contributor
Reaction score
If there are any divers local to the Tampa Bay area interested in diving in the Gulf on various wrecks, mostly shallow stuff (<130), please send me a PM with your contact information. Diving will be off my private boat on a cost share basis (depends on distance and number of people, but should be ~$50 for most local stuff).

If there are any divers local to the Tampa Bay area interested in diving in the Gulf on various wrecks, mostly shallow stuff (<130), please send me a PM with your contact information. Diving will be off my private boat on a cost share basis (depends on distance and number of people, but should be ~$50 for most local stuff).

How about some more information?

What size boat?

How many people will it hold?

Safety gear? Epirv?

Your expeirence?

Radar?

Do you file a float plan

I mean your offer is nice and I am sure it would be better than a commericial charter especially for the spearo crowd. When I step onto a dive boat I want to knwo what precautions for safety have been made. I don't dispute you qualifications to captain your own boat, or the safety of the vessal, but the gulf is a dangerous place.

Well, I was hoping for anyone really interested to send me a PM where I could give them whatever information needed.
Boat is a 2004 Parker 2510 WA on a trailer outfitted with custom dive benches.
Number of people I carry is dependent on who is going and what I am doing; I could easily carry 6 total for local stuff; I don't like feeling crowded so 4-5 is my ideal number.
Full safety gear with extensive first aid kit, ditch bag with epirb, flares, smoke, strobes, hand held VHF, etc. The boat also has the basic required gear such as PFDs and two VHF radios, etc.
Experience: been diving and on the water for 20 years in a wide variety of situations and locations. If you want more information you can look up my past posts here on SB or cruise through my website.
Just to be clear, this is not a charter. I am very safety conscious but I am not looking to be a babysitter. I am just looking for some competent divers who are boat saavy, and who are looking to actively dive locally.
Everyone needs to provide their own food/water and be willing to lend a hand launching and recovering the boat (kind of a beast to put on the trailer).
If you want more information -- please do so via PM
Mike

How about some more information?

What size boat?

How many people will it hold?

Safety gear? Epirv?

Your expeirence?

Radar?

Do you file a float plan

I mean your offer is nice and I am sure it would be better than a commericial charter especially for the spearo crowd. When I step onto a dive boat I want to knwo what precautions for safety have been made. I don't dispute you qualifications to captain your own boat, or the safety of the vessal, but the gulf is a dangerous place.

Hey Mike

Sounds like a great offer! I am definitly interested. Me and piratewench1 met you at the Dunedin Brewery when you spoke to the Dive club about your book. We very much enjoyed the presentation you gave about shipwrecks.
Piratewench1 is non diver but enjoys hearing the story's. Look forward to the opertunity to dive sometime. Let me know when you have a trip in mind.

Doug/scubacrab

Anyone who would question Mike's qualifications obviously doesn't know who mike is!

I'd be happy to dive with you any time! I'll send you a PM.

I'll take you up the offer as well. I will PM you when I have a little more time. I am definately interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom