Looking for specific reel design

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kduck

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking for a specific reel design, not necessarily a specific brand. I have several reels including thumb spools and dive rite brand reels, but am looking for a ratchet reel design similar to one a dive buddy of mine has. The only identifying info on it is a sticker for "Aqua Explorers" and a phone #. It appears to be a dive shop with a website, the number is no longer in service(same # on website and reel) and they no longer offer the reel I am looking for.

The reel has a "T" shaped rod coming out of the reel to the inside handle. To release line, you simply squeeze on the handle with your fingers on the "T". This reel is around 10 years old. I have tried the reels currently available with the plastic thumb release lever on the side, but this design is much better in my opinion.

Anyone know where I can find one?
Thanks

Attachments

• 2016052395203203[1].jpg
    2016052395203203[1].jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 112
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom