Looking for some Orlando dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats a no-deco offgassing dive eh? Seriously though, Kris and I have been talking of heading to the Orlando area more for a change of scene and stuff to do :D

Darryl and Vicky (Murph and Baitedstorm), thanks for coming along yesterday. It was a good dive. Shame we couldnt get in two due to timing, but we had fun. As for Pete and his hoard of people, man between us we packed out that spring - glad you could count your set and know you had more than you started with :wink:

We didnt get much lower than about 60-64ft, as the light wasnt all that hot, and there was a little of that chalky clay suspended with other stuff maybe coming up from below. Typically you can get down to around 85ft or so before most light fails, but i didnt try. It was a little tight with all those bodies to truly play in there like you can with only a buddy pair, but we all got wet and did the usual run drift as well - where we saw a long nose gar and school of mullet, as well as lots of people walking and several cold young ladies :wink:

I will try to take you PSL people up on your couch offer and get down to dive with Vicky on saturday and both of you on a sunday in the future and Pete lets swap dates and see when we can schedule with Rick on the cavern class to be able to see that last little bit of the spring (as well as some others).

BTW, that was my 60th dive, starting to get moving on them now, another 30 on the cards in the next month, just getting on a roll now.

Simon, we had a blast. Thanks so much for showing us around and hooking us up with air/fills. I won't even begin to "TRY" and lie, that water was CCCCCCCCold, I only went to 56ft and headed back up, the no light thing got the better of me too. I was well in my comfort zone at 25-30 feet with all the light and a hint of warmth from the sun. I think that fact that I knew the area I was next to kept going even though I couldn't see it just kinda freaked me out a bit. Nevertheless, it has sparked a new interest for me. I'd like to dive there again soon, maybe when its not so crowed. (although, the several "VERY" cold females in the water added to the site seeing for the guys.....lol...and man, they were really really cold) I think a 7mm would suite me better next time. I cant believe NetDoc in his shorty.....brrrrrrr..

I enjoyed meeting both of you guys and had a very good time, I just wish we could have stayed a little longer, I was enjoying the dive stories from NetDoc. I'm sure Darrel's already planning our next trip. (he gets home tomorrow, he needs his SB fix)

That right folks. I'm baaaack!!!!!

Thanks to Simbrooks and NetDoc. I really enjoyed Blue Spring. It was different than saltwater diving. I wish I had more time to talk with NetDoc. I didn't get a chance to make my come back.

Remeber NetDoc, I'll be back!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom