Looking For Snorkle Buddy/buddies Mid May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't know and don't care.
Suit yourself, and criticize others' views if you must.
When I snorkel I like to dive down and look at stuff, which I obviously couldn't if I were wearing one of those things.
If you don't know nor care, tho - perhaps avoid making statements lacking knowledge or experience on the subject. :crafty:

Last edited:
Suit yourself, and criticize others' views if you must.

If you don't know nor care, tho - perhaps avoid making statements lacking knowledge or experience on the subject. :crafty:
Oh, lighten up, Don. It's no big deal.

For some, such a device may have its usefulness, but I grew up in south Louisiana and I have been in and on the water since I was a little kid. Swimming, surfing, water skiing, sailing, fishing, snorkeling, diving... you name it. I don't want or need to wear one of these things; it provides me no benefit and I don't want to have to deal with deflating and reinflating it every time I want to dive down and look at something. I float like a cork in salt water.

You are welcome to do what you want, of course, but don't try to tell me that I am being "unsafe" by not wearing a life preserver when I am snorkeling. I'm not.

don't try to tell me that I am being "unsafe" by not wearing a life preserver when I am snorkeling
Did I ever...??

Ok we get it. Both of you back to your corners.....

yc1.jpg

An easy and pleasant one is the walk and snork from Blue Angel up to Villablanca and back.

yes, this is very shallow and an easy 'dive' for snorkeling and generally out of boat traffic.

You would want to start at the Villablanca area and 'drift' up to BA, as that is the direction the current "usually" flows.

Finding a snorkel buddy might be easier than you think, just by asking around your hotel dive shop, if there is one on site. Also, Dive Paradise is right there at the Hotel Barracuda area. They may have some folks that are going out on a snorkel trip or some non-divers looking for snorkel buddies.

Last edited:
Guess I'm still foolish, then, because I never wear those things.

the ONLY time I have ever worn a vest snorkeling is when I have done something like the Fury catamaran when they forced me into it.

... not saying it's a bad idea. Especially if you are not completely confident in your swimming abilities, I just never have.

Three shore accessible snorkel locations I like are:

Sky Beach Bar, Bucannos, and the sculpture park by CDM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom