Looking for slightly older divers in thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Friendly attitude and providing things we need or want at reasonable cost. In contract, some places just try to rip you off while making you feel you got a bad deal. Thailand is excellent are providing a user-friendly environment while India, to take one example, seems to go out of its way to made things hard for the tourist.

But really exciting diving in clear bright water is still the highest priority.

Thinking of flying Bangkok-Bali and then maybe somewhere else in Indonesia. Or I could return to the Philippines, perhaps Puerto Galera.

Friendly attitude and providing things we need or want at reasonable cost. In contract, some places just try to rip you off while making you feel you got a bad deal.
I think all tourists appreciate a friendly attitude (unless they're visiting NYC, of course :wink:), not just Americans.

Thinking of flying Bangkok-Bali and then maybe somewhere else in Indonesia. Or I could return to the Philippines, perhaps Puerto Galera.
I don't think the north shore of Bali qualifies as "really exciting," based on your criteria. You might get lucky and see a mola-mola or manta, or really lucky and see a sailfish, but, in general, sharks and pelagics are not the norm. Nusa Penida, down south, can be exciting, with wild currents, pelagics, etc, and the water might be clear, but sometimes you get none of that.

Fly to Fiji and do some incredible bull shark and tiger shark dives in clear and warm water. No cages and ENORMOUS bull sharks right up your nose. That must be quite exciting I think

Or fly a little closer home and go to the Bahamas for some incredible tiger/lemon/great hammerhead shark and spotted dolphin diving. Most dives are in less than 30 feet of the clearest water and undoubtedly quite exciting. The tigers there are very curious and may give you a friendly bump or swallow your U/w camera. Fun-fun and many slightly older american divers to keep you company....

PS: If you decide to go for one of the above trips and require an experienced "slightly older" guide - buddy with a wealth of "diving with American diver knowledge" then please do not hesitate to PM me.
PPS: I do not wear over-sized beach shorts nor have a pony tail....

This is been really helpful. Switching to Big Blue has been an excellent move. Not only are the divers more diverse, the dive masters are much more serious. The water is extremely murky but the dive master yesterday made it fun anyway, shooting around underwater like a fish. This morning I went with Davie Jones Locker and they were pretty friendly as well. The boat was much smaller and so it was not as comfortable from that point of view, but otherwise, they were very good.

My plans at this point are to take a boat in two days to Chympton, and spend an afternoon and evening there. Following morning, I will take a seven or eight hour bus to Phuket, and then may be air Asia to Jakarta and from that city, choose somewhere in Indonesia to scuba dive, maybe Sulawesi.

Nose piercings, Bowmouth?

:rofl3:

No, no....no nose piercings.
Just a pierced ear, that's all.

Please remember that I'm a "slightly older" diver and from a time that having one's ears pierced was already perceived as "cool" and / or "rebellious".

:rofl3:

Take up Cave diving then you will know what clear water really looks like.......nothing as far as you can see or your light can illuminate.

Except in Thai caves.

John

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom