Looking for shore dives in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevenkimbell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be staying a week in Pensacola, arriving on Oct 12th. I hope to get in a few dives, though the wife has already said she WILL NOT be a dive widow for the entire vacation. I am hoping to get in a couple of easy shore dives and may try to hook up with MBT or someone else reputable for a boat dive.
Anyone have suggestions on good shore dives with reasonable access? I will be on Ft Pickens Rd so anything close to that area is 1st on the list, but I can travel a bit. After all, it is a vacation.

thanks,
steven

Hi Steve. I'm in Mobile now. Can't dive during the week but depending on the dates I could run over for a saturday or sunday. My regs are in for service & I need to do some shore dives to get back in the feel of things & breath some tanks down so they can be serviced.

The only complication is that our daughter is moving down next month, which will tie me up for a weekend, and I don't have the dates yet.

I'm not real knowledgeable about the area as we recently moved here, so I'm really asking if I might be able to meet up & tag along?

Reactions: jbm
might not work for you, since you're arriving on the 12th, but a bunch are meeting in Navarre Beach State Park at 0800 on the 12th for some shore dives. I'm going to try & make that, daughter's move is still not nailed down though.

Send a PM to DocCarl, they have a group on facebook where all the info is.

Thanks for the helpful info everyone. Just wondering, with the hurricane approaching, with the diving be any good next week? I am sure the vis will be a bit off, but anything over 10 feet is good compared to where i dive now.
Thoughts anyone?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom