looking for semi dry recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mudchick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,

I'm thinking of splurging for a 7-7.5 ml semi-dry wetsuit. The Scubapro nova scotia looks good as does the pinnacle polar 8. Any thoughts on these or others? Henderson vs. Scubapro? Help!

i don't know about the pinnacle polar 8 but i have a buddy who dives in the nova scotia and says its the best suit he ever owned. good warmth for UK diving, good flexibility and durable. his word plus all the reviews on simply scuba mean i am saving up for one myself

Here are the main 4 that I'm aware of:

Hollis Neotek
Aqualung Solafx
Bare Velocity
Waterproof SD Combat
-I don't know anyone or have seen this suit in the wild-maybe because of the crazy $850 cost of it!

These are the top ones that I know of. I have friends that have the Neotek and speak highly of them. The Netotek has side pockets which makes it a worthy contender. I personally don't like semi-dry suits mainly because of the chest zip-not only is it more difficult to don on and off but the chest zip makes it literally feels like you're diving in a coat hanger. Only traditional vertical zip for me.

I have the Hollis, did 65 min 50’ 54° water, I was cold at the end but functional,second dive I used my drysuit, tried a pinnacle polar last year, 22min all I could think of was getting out of the water ASAP.

I have buddies using the Aqua-Lung and they like it. I haven’t tried the others and like the Hollis enough that I don’t see the point of trying

I find the Hollis very comfortable, flexible easy-ish to put on and take off and the chest zipper is perfect and easy to zip and unzip, no help needed.

I know several people who use the AL Solafx and love it. Does seem to be possibly discontinued, but you might be able to find one.

I'm sure the chest zip maybe comfortable for some but for me it was too stiff and uncomfortable. Also, these integrated hoods are no where near as warm as my Henderson Aqualock 7mm hood.

Thanks all for your help!

Back
Top Bottom