Looking for reputable shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Underwater_gangster,

If you are going to Bali then just jump on one of many many boats going to Gili Trawangan, its little island off of Lombok about 2hr boat ride away. Having lived in Indonesia for several years I can tell you it is by far a million times better than Bali. It is a great little island with blue clear water and white sand beaches (bali is dark dirty sand with murky wavy water, think California water)

The best part about Gili T is the tech diving is amazing!!! they have beautiful deep walls cover in pristine coral with very little current. Water viability is amazing, nice warm water; temps are around 26 C (but I had 22 C at 100m), boat rides to the dive sites are usually 10min or less. Often they get lots of devil rays, eagle rays, assortment of shark, sometime hammerheads, etc. most of there tech dive sites start at about 40m and drop down to 150+ with some going even deeper. Like where Will Goodman did his world record unmodified CCR dive to 290+ meters

Gili T has several TDI, and IART centers and when I say that I mean it, its not like when you go to the Philippines and they say there a PADI center and you just see them doing course half a** curses just to pump people through to get while there taking them inside wrecks in overhead environments, not analyzing gas mixes, etc. The tech centers is Gili are mostly TDI centers and follow TDI rules and regs by the book, safety is there number one priority. There is also a camber in Lombok about a 10min speed boat ride away. I am friends with several of the tech instructors on the island from the various diver centers and can say they are all top notch tech facilities with very very knowledgeable staff. Most were trained by legendary Simon Liddiard or Will Goodman. All the tech centers have nice facilities and equipment, tons of O2, He, and Sofnolime on hand. They all have 3L steel or AL tanks so if you are a CCR diver you dont need to pack those around. And if your an OC diver they have everything you would need for rent from twinsets, stage regs and rigging, backplates, wings, etc.

Having spent alot of time diving in the Gili's I really really enjoy it for its tech diving. For recommendations of dive centers I would go with Blue Marlin, Manta, or Trawangan Dive. you really cant go wrong with any of them. I really like diving out of Blue Marlin, its is kind of my home away from home. They staff is amazing and really make you feel like your apart of there shop. They have a very nice setup with everything you could ever need from gas mixes to o-rings to milkshakes from the bar between dives, they have a nice tech room/work shop with tool etc. I dive a JJ so lucky for me they have a lot of spare parts for those on hand if needed, also I dive Apeks regs and they have tons and tons of parts for those as well. There tech instructors/guides are amazing as well (and so are there Rec guides/instructors). very very experienced divers both OC and CCR and extremely nice people.

If your looking for more info just check out there websites or shoot them an email they are always happy to answer any questions you have.
Blue Marlin Dive Tech - Technical Diving Indonesia, Gili Trawanga, World class Technical Diving Courses available including Advanced Nitrox, Decompression, Trimix and Closed Circuit Rebreathers.
Manta Dive Resort Gili Trawangan - Manta Dive
Trawangan Tech

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom