Looking for recommendations on a drysuit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have sold a number of HOG and Edge suits made by USIA that won't break the bank. Even for a full custom. I dive a HOG and also an Otter Britannic Mk 2 Telescopic. My HOG was a stock large and has some minor fit issues using light undergarments. My heaviest undergarments though negate those.

I got the Otter earlier this year after becoming a dealer. They are made in the UK and not inexpensive. The price also changed with the exchange rate.

Each has their positive and negatives. However IMO the only negative on the Otter is that is doesn't have cuffs over the wrist seals. My HOG does and for wreck diving I like that.

The price difference is not insignificant. About 800 bucks depending on options and alterations.

I just submitted the measurements for a HOG suit for an SB member earlier today. Since they are made to order delivery times can be as much as 8 weeks. However even made to order in a stock size with one or two changes has gotten to the customer in half that time.

Whites (Aqualung) Fusion is a good, durable, easy-to-dive suit for a reasonable price. Cheap, in fact, if compared to DUI or Santi. It is a front entry suit which you can zip without help. For OW dives I would choose the Sport skin which is light for traveling and quick to dry. It is the cheapest, too. For more tech dives you may use shorts for pockets. Or buy a Tech skin. Fusion Tech is the balanced all-rounder and pretty indestructible. I would not buy the Bullet - no need for the bulk. Thermal Fusion undergarment was warm enough to dive at 39F, but for the dollars you save preferring Fusion over DUI or Santi you may buy a heated vest. Fusion is a tad more difficult to don, but it is manageable.

I will agree that traveling with the Bullet can add extra weight but this thing about drying that everyone brings up is not very accurate. If anyone diving the Bullet is diving local and hangs the suit up in a dry environment and sets a fan to blow on it it will dry very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom