Looking for Oahu recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not that it helps the OP, who is long gone from Oahu, but I would suggest all reasonably experienced divers on Oahu dive with an operator who supplies nitrox and will not limit your bottom time to the air divers.

I've only visited Oahu 3 times but enjoyed 7 dives on the Sea Tiger, 3 on the YO/San Pedro, and 1 on the Corsair. My average depth on the Sea Tiger was about 70 feet, about 65 feet on the YO/San Pedro, and 90 feet on the Corsair. In general, these are not dives I would do on air unless nitrox was not available locally. It's your money, spend it wisely.

Not that it helps the OP, who is long gone from Oahu, but I would suggest all reasonably experienced divers on Oahu dive with an operator who supplies nitrox and will not limit your bottom time to the air divers.

I've only visited Oahu 3 times but enjoyed 7 dives on the Sea Tiger, 3 on the YO/San Pedro, and 1 on the Corsair. My average depth on the Sea Tiger was about 70 feet, about 65 feet on the YO/San Pedro, and 90 feet on the Corsair. In general, these are not dives I would do on air unless nitrox was not available locally. It's your money, spend it wisely.

My only complaint for my dive was lack of availability of nitrox for the sea tiger dive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to be clear.......Nitrox is ALWAYS an option on our boat. The only issue is sourcing it. If you are willing to go grab it at another dive shop and bring your tanks to the boat we are cool with it. Just let me know so I can make sure we have the analyzer on board. Mahalo!G

Good to know. My dive profile might have changed s little on nitrox, but not a lot. I was more concerned with my dive computer resetting at the start of the sea tiger dive than the nitrox. At any rate, it was a terrific crew and I had a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom