Looking for new Fins - Currently using Mares VoloPowers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlexRD

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all, so I'm looking for a new set of fins - I'm leaving my VoloPowers behind for my snorkeling adventures and am considering getting a new pair of fins. I've seen good things about the Hollis F2 fins, though my biggest issue (and what I read about the Hollis F2 fins) is that in currents the VoloPowers didn't feel that effective. Any thoughts on a good fin for a 220lb 6'2 guy? I have 0 issue buying the VoloPowers again, but I wanted something with a little more oomph in the water if possible without being super heavy, and potentially easier to travel with than the VoloPowers.

Deep 6 Eddy Fin - Fins

those are the fins that I have gone to for pretty much all of my diving except for freediving. I still have and love my Dive Rite XT's, but they don't fit with my drysuit and they don't make them big enough. Even then, I prefer the blade style of the Deep6 and the foot pocket is incredibly comfortable. With my foot size, there really aren't any travel friendly fins that fit my feet and are effective in currents because of the blade size, but the Deep6 will fit in a rollaboard and are quite light compared to others

Thanks for the rec! I'll take a look :)

Back
Top Bottom