Looking for Genesis HP100s!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are talking about Asahi tanks. To my knowledge, they weren't distributed under the Genesis name.
If seen multiple references to them. Ex: For Sale - Genesis/Asahi steel HP 120 and steel HP 100
320559-7f81ea76965749c6632eedf60db5cc4b.jpg

ETA: See that pic in the linked thread - Pics seem to be limited to thumbnails due to the board migration.

You are talking about Asahi tanks. To my knowledge, they weren't distributed under the Genesis name.
Yes, I’m talking about the Asahi ones, which I thought also came under the Genesis name.
Here’s a pic of one stamped both Genesis and made in Japan.
IMG_0221.jpeg

So, I’m still confused.

So, is this a Asahi made tank, rebranded and distributed by Genesis, the same Genesis that distributed rebranded PST tanks? Is that what you’re saying?

Yes, I’m talking about the Asahi ones, which I thought also came under the Genesis name.
Here’s a pic of one stamped both Genesis and made in Japan.View attachment 803125
So, I’m still confused.

So, is this a Asahi made tank, rebranded and distributed by Genesis, the same Genesis that distributed rebranded PST tanks? Is that what you’re saying?
Yes. I wasn't aware they distributed asahi as well, but apparently they did.

Think of Genesis like Blue Steel.
They don't actually make anything, they are just a distributor in the US for various scuba companies.

Ok, let’s add further clarification, or perhaps confusion to this, I’m not aware of any tanks that have Genesis stamped on them, that do not look like the one I posted a picture of above, and that I believe is a pretty unique look, only Asahi has, does anyone?

Another way to say this, Asahi made tanks are the only ones with Genesis stamped on them(?) Is that accurate?

Thanks for the picture! As long as they are those Sherwood/Genesis tanks aka rebranded PST HP100s then that sounds good. Make sure they are 3500 and not 3442.

Thanks for the picture! As long as they are those Sherwood/Genesis tanks aka rebranded PST HP100s then that sounds good. Make sure they are 3500 and not 3442.
For my own knowledge as a tank newbie, why do you prefer the Sherwood/Genesis HP100s 3500s as opposed to another HP100 (like Faber) 3442?

For my own knowledge as a tank newbie, why do you prefer the Sherwood/Genesis HP100s 3500s as opposed to another HP100 (like Faber) 3442

OK. I don’t think those are the right tanks, the neck is to slim. They just don’t make those tanks like they used to. Those old school tanks manufactured from PST have better balance and buoyancy.

OK. I don’t think those are the right tanks, the neck is to slim. They just don’t make those tanks like they used to. Those old school tanks manufactured from PST have better balance and buoyancy.
PST made HP 3500psi tanks with the 7/8" (narrow) necks as did Ashai and Worthington.

PST later made HP 3442psi tanks with the modern-standard 3/4 (wider) necks as the E7 & E8 series and Worthington X7 & X8.

PST made HP 3500psi tanks with the 7/8" (narrow) necks as did Ashai and Worthington.

PST later made HP 3442psi tanks with the modern-standard 3/4 (wider) necks as the E7 & E8 series and Worthington X7 & X8.

I'm confused. 7/8" is wider than 3/4", but you referred to 7/8" as narrow and 3/4" as wider.

I'm confused. 7/8" is wider than 3/4", but you referred to 7/8" as narrow and 3/4" as wider.
It’s not referencing the size of the “hole” or neck, it’s about the threads.

3500 PSI tanks have “skinny” necks, those are 7/8” threads valves.
3442 PSI (and most others) have the “thicker” necks, those are 3/4” thread valves.

Back
Top Bottom