Looking for family in Asingan, Pangasinan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
My daughter's other parents flew over there last week to visit his son and family. I offered suggestions, including not a great time to go, register with US State Dept, at least give the airline your local phone number there, but I don't think they used any of those. I gave American Air the local number today.

They are supposed to leave Manila at 9am Tuesday, September 29 on JAL. American Air shows the record ok. JAL doesn't seem to answer the phone number I called. Online, the flight looks like a go.

I called the local number for the son and was surprised that it answered given the conditions there. I think the lady who answered said he went to Manila. I see the time there is now 23:19.

Edit: Now I am told that they were staying at a resort. Why they didn't leave the name and number I don't know, but I am sure the conditions at the resort are better than most.

Best wishes to you with this horrible storm & flood. Hope the 2 storms out east of your now veer away...!

thanks!

Last edited:
Keep calling!
My sister-in-law lives in Orani, Bataan. The latest toll has 75 in Metro Manila; 85 in Rizal province; 24 in Bulacan; and 12 in Pampanga.
It seems the worst is north and northeast of Manila. Pangasinan is northwest.
Best wishes to you and your family, and all affected by this storm.
This site may help you withthe news. http://www.philippinetimes.com/index.php/ct/10/id/0267775d6f1c3971/

Good news...

Just now got word from my daughter that the son they were visiting finally called after dropping them off at the airport. Next time they leave the country, I'm going to suggest they register with the US State Dept and leave all contact phone numbers behind like I do.

thanks

That would work if the Embassy weren't flooded as well. :p

To: ACS_PHILIPPINES@CALIST.STATE.GOV
Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2009 2:53 AM
Subject: Embassy Manila Warden Message 9/27/2009

U.S. Embassy Manila

Warden Message

September 27, 2009

This Warden Message is issued to alert U.S. citizens that the U.S. Embassy will be closed to the public on Monday, September 28, due to severe flooding.

Embassy public phone numbers are currently not operational. American Citizens who require emergency assistance may contact the American Citizens Services section through acsondoy@yahoo.com.ph or by calling the following number in the U.S., 1-888-407-4747.

Visa applicants with appointments for September 28 should not come to the Embassy. They will be contacted directly to reschedule their appointments on a priority basis. They may also contact the Embassy call center at 1-909-101-7878 Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Details are also available at https//philippines.us-visaservices.com.

For those with appointments at the Veterans Clinic or Veterans Affairs Regional Office, please be advised that Veterans' Affairs personnel will call all those with appointments and reschedule on a priority basis. Contact information for Veterans Affairs is as follows: Clinic: 833-4566 to 69. Toll free number outside of Manila 180018888782. Regional Office: 528-2500. Toll free number outside of Manila: 180018885252.

For the latest safety/security information, Americans living and traveling abroad should regularly monitor the Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs Internet web site at Welcome to Travel.State.Gov, where the current Worldwide Caution, Travel Alerts, Travel Warnings, and health-information resources can be found. Up-to-date information on security can also be obtained by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll free in the U.S. and Canada or, for callers in other areas by calling a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom