Looking for F.U.N. or equivalent trained diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought D.I.M.W.I.T. stood for "Doing It My Way In Texas". When did the usurpers subvert the true meaning? Although this one is not too far off either.

Details and more details..............:D

Where is that DIMWIT manual anyway? Anyone seen Zinc?

Shawn

Details and more details..............:D

Where is that DIMWIT manual anyway? Anyone seen Zinc?

Shawn

If we only had that manual we'd know for sure.

I'm thinking about having Texdiveguy and Timeliner over to sit in my garage while I film them waxing poetic about what it means to be a DIMWIT. That and making up derogatory names for all those non-DIMWIT divers.

HEY! We need a protected area here on Scubaboard so people can't say anything bad about us! That's a GREAT idea!!!!

HEY! We need a protected area here on Scubaboard so people can't say anything bad about us! That's a GREAT idea!!!!

TSD is where great idea's begin. May you work diligently to achieve the aspired goal you have set for yourself and Scubaboard participants.

I've been waiting 3 years to finally use this Lonesome Dove quote on SB! Thanks Shawn!

"FUN?? What do you know about FUN, Woodrow, you never had none your whole durn life. FUN is my department."

Hey! That's MY quote! Larry McMurtry used my words totally out of context (we're from the same town). Next time I see him crossing the street, I'm going to be sorely tempted to bump him with my truck.
:crossbone

I've been waiting 3 years to finally use this Lonesome Dove quote on SB! Thanks Shawn!

"FUN?? What do you know about FUN, Woodrow, you never had none your whole durn life. FUN is my department."

Part of the F.U.N. pre-requisites are:

Who is This Course For?

The F.U.N. Fundamentals Course is designed primarily for recreational divers that want the most out of their diving. Incorporating F.U.N. principles into their normal recreational activities allows individuals to optimize diving F.U.N. and safety. Technical divers that wish to incorporate F.U.N. principles into their diving will also find a great deal of useless information, as well as the absurd skills they will need to master to be successful in the F.U.N. Tech 1 class.

Prerequisites

1. Breathing capable Scuba Diver, all divers welcome
2. Completed application packet on file including medical information, release forms, and dive history_keep this in your possession never release to F.U.N. organization to protect your privacy
3. Open water certification
4. F.U.N. participants must have a sense of humor
5. All participants must be able to swim
6. Own Scuba equipment or rent for F.U.N. diving
7. The use of prescription drugs must be authorized and approved by a F.U.N. instructor
8. Dork Diver certification completed satisfactory
9. D.I.M.W.I.T. certification completed satisfactory
10. Membership required and proof of dues paid for TSD
11. No alcohol while Diving. F.U.N. promotes the use of alcohol only after your final dive of the day_bars open

Equipment

It is required that you own your own Scuba Equipment that meets all OSHA/TSD/F.U.N./Dork Divers/D.I.M.W.I.T diving standards for FUN Diving, or rent similar equipment during your dive day.

F.U.N. Limits

1. All dives are to maintain a working PO2 at diver discretion with current Nitrox or Advanced certification completed after the F.U.N. certification
2. No dives are to exceed an equivalent narcotic depth beyond the 3 martini rule
3. Instructor to student ratio maximum 30:1 in open water, adjusting downward for F.U.N. conditions

This is a joke............

Hey! That's MY quote! Larry McMurtry used my words totally out of context (we're from the same town). Next time I see him crossing the street, I'm going to be sorely tempted to bump him with my truck.
:crossbone

You do realize that "Lonesome Dove" is not only the greatest western writing, casting and filming ever done, its also the correct Texas grammar for the past tense of "solo dive" :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom