Looking for Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joris Vd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys,

I'm looking to invest in a dry glove system that is available in the EU, my drysuit is a standard santi E-space with latex wrist seals.

i've heard alot of good things about the kubi system and also about the aqualung wrist lock system. But I also have a friend who swears by the classic Viking ring system as the most failsafe in the market.

So yeah, basically I'm looking for suggestions / pro's con's.

The main thing for me is the system should be durable and be able to withstand some abuse.I'm open to any brand/system.

I have a complete set of 90 mm Kubi rings and dry gloves I can sell if interested. Never used.

PM if interested.

Thanks,

I replaced my glued-on latex seals on my Santi EMotion with the Santi Smart Seal system and then used the Santi Smart Glove rings.

kubi is really durable but fairly pricey.

the waterproof ultima are cheaper but plastic. both work pretty well.

the viking pullover rings are cheap, rugged (solid rubber), and effective but bulky.

Kubi, size them for your hands. Not a one size fits all.

Other choices mentioned above are good, go ahead and look at them.
Do not get the SiTech.

Decision time. Glue new rings to the suit and convert to silicone seals now? Or a retrofit glove that clamps onto the latex? I vote new ring, makes seal changes in the future a few minutes on the sidelines and not a day of gluing. But you have to choose what you want.

I replaced my glued-on latex seals on my Santi EMotion with the Santi Smart Seal system and then used the Santi Smart Glove rings.
This is what I have on my E-lite, too. Love the system. Just have to use some water soluble lube on the sleeve ends every couple of dives and that makes the dry gloves very easy to put on and take off. You can use any dry gloves with the Smart Glove system. I have some cheap ones I bought on Ebay - just chemical resistant work gloves for $5. They look like black dishwashing gloves.

Smart seals are easy to replace and you can use no gloves or wet gloves with them, or use the dry gloves over them. That way if you get a hole in a dry glove, you won't get a flood.

Smart Gloves video demo

Smart Seals video demo

I am in Belgium and just helped a fellow dive club member weight the options for dry glove systems for his Bare drysuit with latex wrist seal.

He decided on the Si-tech glove lock system...this is the same system on my wife's drysuit but she as the QCP wrist system with silicone seals installed as well.

The glove lock system is easy to install on your suit, it is easy to mount gloves on, and it is easy to remove if you decide you want to dive without it.

The Kubi system is also a good and popular system. It is not hard to mount on the suit, sliightly harder to mount the glove on the rings but easy to attach to the sleeve of the suit when gearing up. It is not a good idea to repeatedly install/uninstall this system due to the potential of tearing the latex seal during removal. The big pro if this system is its durable metal construction and its low profile.

Santi makes a system that seems to have received good reviews but I have no experience with it.

I use the Waterproof Ultima DGS, it is designed to integrate with Si-tech's oval wrist ring system.

If you are near Bruxells then I would recommend you visit Dive Factory in Waterloo, they stock Kubi, Santi and a few other glove systems.

If you are closer to Tournai then L'Odysée is a good shop and they stock si-tech and Rolock, but can order just about anything.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom